WooAudio issues
Mar 31, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #16 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....ugh I knew this would happen. Gotta thank the Mod for deleting WHY I posted this info.

Look:
I bought an amp from WooAudio, I didn't unbox it at first because people in the FS thread said to just leave it be. To my knowledge at that point it was 100% functioning.
I decided to open it, and found the mess I posted above. At that point I posted what I posted above in the FS thread.

AT NO POINT DID I TRY TO SELL A DAMAGED AMP. UNDERSTAND THAT.

As I posted above, if Jack had notified me prior to shipment I would have flatout told him "Sorry please refund my money". This didn't happen so I wound up getting the amp, and not wanting to mail it back to him and wait for a refund etc etc, I decided to sell it at a slight loss to a member here.

Ok, not doubting you, or judging you.......i dont know you,,, but its weird that you were selling it,a new unit, and then decided by luck to check the inside of a closed box and it was all broken or not finished being tightened or whatever.

Why buy it and then imediately sell it for one,, for two, its strange that you decided to open it and it was like that.
Knowing Woos record, its just all too strange.
And i agree you were a bit forward in your letter to Woo, although i do realize you were upset.

And why would he notify you before shipment that hes selling you a damaged amp, so that you can tell him no and refund your money?

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #17 of 114
Why not... just return it to him with a letter explaining the issues... and have him repair it under the warranty.

Then... if you don't want it... and he won't refund your money... once he confirms its been repaired and tested... sell it... to be drop shipped directly to the buyer from Woo Audio.

But... if... you haven't had it over 14 days (maybe its 30, I don't recall), I would think... he would just refund your money via his return policy. Though... I suppose... there could be an issue over the shipping cost... if he doesn't believe it was damaged when it left his location.

If all else fails... you can get your refund from your credit card company (as I have with other vendors).

But... Jack is not going to risk damaging the reputation of Woo Audio... over such a minor issue. Nothing in his past would suggest he would.

Just pack it up and send it back... and move on.

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 114
I don't see why you would air your dirty laundry here, without giving Jack a chance to remedy the situation.
confused.gif

If he didn't show any signs of good customer service, then that's when you post a thread like this.

Stuff happens. You definitely took the "half empty" attitude on this.

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #19 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, not doubting you, or judging you.......i dont know you,,, but its weird that you were selling it,a new unit, and then decided by luck to check the inside of a closed box and it was all broken or not finished being tightened or whatever.

Why buy it and then imediately sell it for one,, for two, its strange that you decided to open it and it was like that.
Knowing Woos record, its just all too strange.
And i agree you were a bit forward in your letter to Woo, although i do realize you were upset.

And why would he notify you before shipment that hes selling you a damaged amp, so that you can tell him no and refund your money?

Once again, thanks to the mod for deleting all the posts from my thread. I was originally going to open it to double check everything was ok then mail it to the buyer. But someone said "no just leave it sealed", so I did until today when after 2-3 pm's about buying it, I decided to be a nice guy an check to make sure it was ok.

Not sure what you mean by your last statement?
That doesn't make any sense. My beef was he didn't notify before shipping, so I could have had time to cancel my order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see why you would air your dirty laundry here, without giving Jack a chance to remedy the situation.
confused.gif

If he didn't show any signs of good customer service, then that's when you post a thread like this.

Stuff happens. You definitely took the "half empty" attitude on this.

I merely posted that info because I had had the amp up for sale, and I wanted people to know why it was no longer for sale. If you want people going around selling broken amps and not telling people then ok, go for it, but thats a low thing to do.

I agree stuff happens, how is it unfair to post something an ask if others have had similar issues?
Sorry but please don't dictate how my attitude should be. I just spent $600, I think I'm entitled to my own opinions.

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #20 of 114
Quote:

OMy beef was he didn't notify before shipping, so I could have had time to cancel my order.

If you wanted to cancel your order, why didn't you just do so, instead of blaming Woo Audio for shipping it before you might decide to cancel.

Not sure that I believe your side of the story, here.

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #21 of 114
Quote:

If you want people going around selling broken amps and not telling people then ok, go for it, but thats a low thing to do.

Immature statement that is as transparent as glass.

Quote:

but please don't dictate how my attitude should be. I just spent $600, I think I'm entitled to my own opinions.

Not if you are slandering someone else, while giving that person an hour to remedy the situation.

How old are you?

Quote:

I merely posted that info because I had had the amp up for sale, and I wanted people to know why it was no longer for sale.

If this is the case, then why in the world would you post that in this forum, which is not a for sale forum. You are on a tear!

Let the manufacturer fix this and chill.

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #22 of 114
Quote:

If you wanted to cancel your order, why didn't you just do so, instead of blaming Woo Audio for shipping it before you might decide to cancel.

Not sure that I believe your side of the story, here.

Feel free to believe what you want. At this point I'm pretty much done with the whole situation, as people are accusing me of breaking it, selling a broken amp, etc etc.

I'm not blaming anyone. I merely would have liked to have been notified prior to shipment, not a day afterwards.
I was going to keep the amp, until it was delayed 2x, by the time I got around to asking if it had shipped so I could cancel it, no luck it was already half-way here.

Quote:

Immature statement that is as transparent as glass.

Not if you are slandering someone else, while giving that person an hour to remedy the situation.

How old are you?

If this is the case, then why in the world would you post that in this forum, which is not a for sale forum. You are on a tear!

Let the manufacturer fix this and chill.

Good grief....

Did you not read what I said above? Another Mod DELETED THE INFO IN MY FOR SALE THREAD, how is that my fault that I didn't post it in there? He told me NOT to post it in there, and you are telling me that I should post it there.

What does my age have to do with this? Seriously. Quit trying to pin this on me, relax.

Slander? When was receiving a defective product slander? All I did was post my issues along with my email to Jack asking for a full refund.

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #23 of 114
Quote:

All I did was post my issues along with my email to Jack asking for a full refund.

And by doing that, without giving any chance whatsoever for the person to make amends, is airing dirty laundry (especially posting your e-mail). What do you expect to gain from this other than trying to hurt someone's reputation that hasn't had a chance to respond?

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #24 of 114
Would you mind posting some pics?

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #25 of 114
Quote:

And by doing that, without giving any chance whatsoever for the person to make amends, is airing dirty laundry (especially posting your e-mail). What do you expect to gain from this other than trying to hurt someone's reputation that hasn't had a chance to respond?

No matter how he responds, which he has, the amp is still broken. So how again am I hurting his reputation? I made it pretty clear that I love my other WooAudio 6, and just want this one to be returned/know what the issue with it was.

I made the thread to see if anyone has had issues in the past few months, not get into an argument about someones age, slander, etc.

I guess posting your experiences here is a bad thing now. All I wanted to do was notify potential buyers that the amp was damaged and that it was no longer for sale because of this. That escalated once another mod deleted my posts with relevant info into people now assuming that I knew the amp was broken and that I tried to **** over buyers and WooAudio at the same time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you mind posting some pics?

Doing that right now

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #26 of 114
Chris,

We apologize for the issue that occur to you. First of all, we would never ship out a defected unit. All units must go through some hours of stress test before shipping. Your unit will be recovered under warranty if it indeed is defected.

A failed unit out of the box is an extremely rare case but it could get damaged during shipping. However, it should be a fairly simple fix and we would like to have a look at your amp.

By the way, the shipping delay was due to a missing parts.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Jack

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #27 of 114
DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027-2.jpg

Thank you to the mods for making me look like a total ******* and for screwing up my thread so that people think I'm the one to blame.

Jack:
You should be able to see that the tube is not powering up in that last pic. The other issues are hard to photograph, I'll let you know more.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #28 of 114
Quote:

...I'm not blaming anyone. I merely would have liked to have been notified prior to shipment, not a day afterwards.
I was going to keep the amp, until it was delayed 2x, by the time I got around to asking if it had shipped so I could cancel it, no luck it was already half-way here...

why, may i ask? so that you can cancel the order the day they send you a
shipping notification? not logical nor practical...

anyways, since jack has responded and knows about this issue you should
have a way out of this deal. good luck.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #29 of 114
I really think something may have happened during the shipping process; for example, if a box is dropped flatly from a significant height, it can cause a big impact to the contents without there being any external damage to the box.
I feel for the OP, but I highly doubt the people at Woo would have knowingly sent out a defective unit...
Hope this issue gets resolved quickly for all parties involved.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #30 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by takezo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why, may i ask? so that you can cancel the order the day they send you a
shipping notification? not logical nor practical...

anyways, since jack has responded and knows about this issue you should
have a way out of this deal. good luck.

No, I addressed the issue with Jack, that it was taking so long, even after paying expedited fees, which were returned. I understand that it was due to faulty parts/delays, but by the time it shipped after all those delays I was no longer interested and wanted to just be refunded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really think something may have happened during the shipping process; for example, if a box is dropped flatly from a significant height, it can cause a big impact to the contents without there being any external damage to the box.
I feel for the OP, but I highly doubt the people at Woo would have knowingly sent out a defective unit...
Hope this issue gets resolved quickly for all parties involved.

You're probably right and I would like to know what Jack has to say once he receives it. I just think its weird that 3 completely different things could be damaged like that. There is a ridiculous amount of foam surrounding the unit, and I know they are built like tanks, but I guess anything could happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back