WooAudio issues
Mar 31, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #31 of 114
Why not... just... move on...

I don't think the moderators (mods) have made you look like a fool...

... I think... you're disappointment and anxiety over the issues with your amp prompted a bit of a premature, over-reaction by you before Woo Audio may have had the time to properly respond.

We... all... may have similar impulses, periodically, in similar circumstances. It happens.

But... in light of Jack's... response... and his commitment to maintaining his quality reputation...

Why not... just... move on...

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #32 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you to the mods for making me look like a total ******* and for screwing up my thread so that people think I'm the one to blame.

IMHO, the issue is that you seem to have unloaded both barrels on Jack before giving him any chance to respond. It is only common courtesy to talk to a seller first before posting negative feedback about them in a public place. Jack is very responsive to e-mail, so it would have only taken a day at most. Every single product manufacturer occasionally has DOA units, and it is only ever a big deal if the manufacturer does not resolve the problem.

In that regard, you now have a response from Jack, who has apologized for the problem said that he is going to take care of it. It seems to me that you are getting excellent customer service. Why not move your discussion to PM/email, rather than dealing with it in public?

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #34 of 114
Quote:

No, I addressed the issue with Jack, that it was taking so long, even after paying expedited fees, which were returned. I understand that it was due to faulty parts/delays, but by the time it shipped after all those delays I was no longer interested and wanted to just be refunded.

understood. i feel for your frustration and being misunderstood but you should
feel some comfort in knowing that wooaudio takes returns and you should be
refunded completely. good luck.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #35 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMHO, the issue is that you seem to have unloaded both barrels on Jack before giving him any chance to respond. It is only common courtesy to talk to a seller first before posting negative feedback about them in a public place. Jack is very responsive to e-mail, so it would have only taken a day at most. Every single product manufacturer occasionally has DOA units, and it is only ever a big deal if the manufacturer does not resolve the problem.

In that regard, you now have a response from Jack, who has apologized for the problem said that he is going to take care of it. It seems to me that you are getting excellent customer service. Why not move your discussion to PM/email, rather than dealing with it in public?

We have been conversing via email. I didn't post negative feedback. I don't know where some of you are getting that idea from.
Negative feedback is that the sale was awful, you got the wrong product, etc etc and the seller never fixed anything.

All I said was the issues I had. I guess people just want everything to be picture-perfect around here and not hear about issues.

The point of this thread was to see if others were having similar issues, not to start a 3 page argument, which is mostly the fault of the 2 moderators, one which deleted my explanation, and the other who basically said I was an idiot and that I was slandering Jack just because I had issues with a product.

Unless you have something to say about the original goal of the thread or why my amp could be defective like this, then please refrain from posting.

The whole situation has gotten completely blown out of proportion. Jack is addressing the issues which is great costumer service, and I would expect nothing less from WooAudio.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #36 of 114
I was happy to read in a different thread that someone just got there WA6SE maxed, and there was np.

I am looking forward to a shipping notice from Jack about my WA6SE maxed.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #37 of 114
Quote:

I didn't post negative feedback. I don't know where some of you are getting that idea from.

Forgive me, but it appears you and I have different definitions of negative feedback. Certainly I would consider the following to be pretty negative:

Quote:

Now if I sold this, I'm 1000000% sure the recipient would be more than pissed off, but imagine how I feel? This is supposed to be a NEW WORKING TESTED AMP. I'm very surprised this got past your people.

Quote:

I would feel bad pushing this POS off on someone else.

Quote:

then I receive an amp thats clearly FUBAR.

Quote:

No matter how he responds, which he has, the amp is still broken.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #38 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillysally /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was happy to read in a different thread that someone just got there WA6SE maxed, and there was np.

I wouldn't worry. I got my WA2 about 3 weeks ago, and it was perfect.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #39 of 114
Quote:

Forgive me, but it appears you and I have different definitions of negative feedback. Certainly I would consider the following to be pretty negative:

Look. I'll say it one more time, if you've got a problem other than what this thread was meant for, don't post here. Send a pm if you want to debate what I posted or why I posted it. Don't clutter this thread up with useless flame posts.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #40 of 114
Quote:

buyer's remorse can make people do things, especially
when the item doesn't work...

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #41 of 114
Quote:

Look. I'll say it one more time, if you've got a problem other than what this thread was meant for, don't post here. Send a pm if you want to debate what I posted or why I posted it. Don't clutter this thread up with useless flame posts.

With all due respect, unless and until you become a mod, or a mod tells me otherwise, I will post as I see fit. This is a thread in a public forum. You do not "own" the thread. If you were not prepared to have opinions posted that you do not agree with, you should not have made the thread.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #42 of 114
Quote:

With all due respect, unless and until you become a mod, or a mod tells me otherwise, I will post as I see fit. This is a thread in a public forum. You do not "own" the thread. If you were not prepared to have opinions posted that you do not agree with, you should not have made the thread.

Sorry but I beg to differ. You don't even have your profile filled out completely, so its pretty clear you are new here.
If you are going to go around making arguments out of nothing and accusing members of things then please do not do it in a thread. Do it via pm only. Otherwise you are significantly de-railing this thread.

You yourself said above to post via pm, which is the correct recourse. Please take heed of your own post, instead of arguing over trivialities.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #43 of 114
Quote:

Sorry but I beg to differ.

You go right ahead.

Quote:

You don't even have your profile filled out completely, so its pretty clear you are new here.

Ahh yes, that old chestnut. Dismissing someone's opinion because of join date/post count. Never gets old...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

If you are going to go around making arguments out of nothing and accusing members of things then please do not do it in a thread.

Please point me where I have "accused" you of anything. I have never once suggested that you acted in bad faith etc. There is no accusation there at all. I have simply stated that I believe the approach you took in resolving your problem was bad form. Judging from several others who have posted in this thread, and from the reaction of the mods you mentioned, it would appear I am not alone in that view.

And FWIW, I believe that criticism like mine and others is actually very much on topic and germane to the point of this thread. You have posted a fairly alarmist thread which clearly has had the effect of scaring both current and prospective Woo Audio purchasers. Typically, I would not have expected to a see a thread like this until the situation had been unresolved for some time or had otherwise become fairly grave. See, for example, the posts related to the Singlepower fiasco. In this case, nothing along those lines has occurred, and it is a simple DOA product that the manufacturer is in process of making right. Pointing that out to readers is important so they are not mislead by the thread.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #44 of 114
Quote:

You go right ahead.

Ahh yes, that old chestnut. Dismissing someone's opinion because of join date/post count. Never gets old...
rolleyes.gif

Please point me where I have "accused" you of anything. I have never once suggested that you acted in bad faith etc. There is no accusation there at all. I have simply stated that I believe the approach you took in resolving your problem was bad form. Judging from several others who have posted in this thread, and from the reaction of the mods you mentioned, it would appear I am not alone in that view.

And FWIW, I believe that criticism like mine and others is actually very much on topic and germane to the point of this thread. You have posted a fairly alarmist thread which clearly has had the effect of scaring both current and prospective Woo Audio purchasers. Typically, I would not have expected to a see a thread like this until the situation had been unresolved for some time or had otherwise become fairly grave. See, for example, the posts related to the Singlepower fiasco. In this case, nothing along those lines has occurred, and it is a simple DOA product that the manufacturer is in process of making right. Pointing that out to readers is important so they are not mislead by the thread.

If you actually read what I said, you would notice I didn't say anything about your post count. I said your profile. That means filling out your location etc. Usually it is required to have your location in your profile on forums.

And yes you did accuse me of posting negative feedback.

I'm not alarming anyone. The goal of this thread was not that at all.
I stated that I wanted to get info if anyone else was having issues lately, thats all, nothing more.

If you were used to a certain product, one of your favorites, being extremely well made and you then received a product that was 100% counter to that, how would you react? IMHO I reacted how anyone else would act in that situation.

As for the mods and others: great thats fine. if thats how they want to act and believe then go right ahead. But that still doesn't excuse the first mod for deleting my response to the issue and misleading people, 90% of the issue in this thread. Just look up in the thread, some people think I was selling a broken amp on purpose, etc. This is all because of that one mod and his bad decision.
Don't get me started on the other mod.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #45 of 114
I don't know of anybody who sends a notification that they WILL be shipping something at some particular future time or date - unless it's some extra-cost option like Amazon has. What would be the point? What happens if they can't ship on that date for reasons they can't foresee? They send a notification of a fact - that it has shipped, so you can have an idea of when to expect it.

And if you want to cancel an order, you cancel it. Presumably your decision didn't really depend on when it would be shipped.

Strange stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back