wooaudio 3 vs 6
May 3, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #31 of 77
I was looking at the specs of the Woo3 and Woo6 as im considering one of these amps..

I noticed the Woo6 has a listed THD <=0.3%
and the Woo3 THD <=0.08%
Woo5 is also <=0.08%

does this seem odd to anyone else?

May 3, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #32 of 77
I think way too much is based on specs. Try and measure the specs of a live performance. Some of th worst measuring components have been the best sounding, and opposite is true also. Implementation, implementation, implementation. Just like real estate, location, location, location.

May 3, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #33 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think way too much is based on specs. Try and measure the specs of a live performance. Some of th worst measuring components have been the best sounding, and opposite is true also. Implementation, implementation, implementation. Just like real estate, location, location, location.

I agree wholeheartedly and have no doubt all these amps sound outstanding. it's just that the much higher THD jumped out at me while looking at the specs, though for a tube amp I think a certain degree of distortion is the main goal anyway so..

May 3, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #36 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Soundcard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
27 replies and only one on topic. This thread is going nowhere... with a vengeance
smily_headphones1.gif

At least three directly on topic, and others if you stretch it.
wink.gif

May 10, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #38 of 77
Ok, I'll stay off topic:

Ordered my Woo6 (Silver... of course) on the 7th and am looking at the week of the 20th before it's shipped.

It says one to two weeks for build time on the site, but Jack said that he has some parts back ordered that are holding things up right now.

Also ordered a matching silver headphone stand!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #39 of 77
After reading the ToneAudio 3+/6 comparison, starting a transformer v. OTL thread, and emailing Jack, I ordered a 6 (black... of course... gotta match the Lavry
wink.gif
) with upgraded 5U4G rectifier. Looking forward to hearing it and seeing how it stands up to the DA10 balanced.

May 10, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #40 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After reading the ToneAudio 3+/6 comparison, starting a transformer v. OTL thread, and emailing Jack, I ordered a 6 (black... of course... gotta match the Lavry
wink.gif
) with upgraded 5U4G rectifier. Looking forward to hearing it and seeing how it stands up to the DA10 balanced.

Yeah, had to match my Musiland MD10 that's on its way too.

Did you order the upgraded rectifier form Jack, and if so, how much?

May 10, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #42 of 77
Hmmm, maybe there has been a change in production. I believe by my correspondance with Jack it now comes with Electro Harmonic 5U4 rectifier standard ("similar to the 5AR4 but a bit taller") and can be updated for $10 more to the Sovtek 5U4G. The site specifies 5AR4 with a 5U4G substitution, so may be a little out of date. If indeed there has been a change, best to contact Jack and see what the current options are. Either way it's not much to upgrade.

May 12, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #44 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking at the specs of the Woo3 and Woo6 as im considering one of these amps..

I noticed the Woo6 has a listed THD <=0.3%
and the Woo3 THD <=0.08%
Woo5 is also <=0.08%

does this seem odd to anyone else?

Anyone ever ask WooAudio about this or have any theories?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back