WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Apr 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #271 of 2,600
I ordered silver and clear... fedex delivery attempt today ofcourse while i was at work and even though i left a signed note on the door they refused to leave it 
triportsad.gif
  now i have to haggle with the system to hopefully have it on hold somewhere to pick up... not what i was hoping for after such a long wait.

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #272 of 2,600
I ordered silver and clear... fedex delivery attempt today ofcourse while i was at work and even though i left a signed note on the door they refused to leave it :triportsad:   now i have to haggle with the system to hopefully have it on hold somewhere to pick up... not what i was hoping for after such a long wait.

Same reason I have almost everything delivered to my office. And the same reason there's a pretty steady flow of packages each day, haha.

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #274 of 2,600
Just picked up a Sennheiser Momentum for College/University use. Straight after unboxing, stick it in the WA7 to see how it sounds. Plastic wrap still on the edges

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #275 of 2,600
I laugh at the hypothetical reaction head-fi would have if I plugged in Beats by dr Dre

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #277 of 2,600
Just got an update e-mail from Woo Audio. They are discontinuing the smoke glass option due to manufacturing delays. All new Black WA7 will now ship with the clear glass tops. Ship dates have been pushed back by a few weeks.

Order Date --> Ship Date
Jan 28- Feb 18 --> By the end of April
Feb 19 - Mar 20 - May 10-13
March 20 - current - After May 17

Looks like I will have to wait another month. 
triportsad.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #278 of 2,600
Ordered Silver WA7 on March 6th and received in home April 16th.  Haven't quit listening to it since.  For me, it's a great match for my Sennheiser HD800/s and HD580's with the HD650 replacement cord ($15) - takes the sharp edges from it and has brought in the instrumentals quite well.  Background is dead silent.  Fatigue factor reduced significantly.  You just never know about these things, until you own or try them... 

Also, I'm using the standard tubes that accompanies the WA7.  I bought but haven't yet tried the upgraded tubes yet ($100) - I'm very happy with the standards.  

Has anyone compared the two sets of tubes? 

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #279 of 2,600
Quote:
Ordered Silver WA7 on March 6th and received in home April 16th.  Haven't quit listening to it since.  For me, it's a great match for my Sennheiser HD800/s and HD580's with the HD650 replacement cord ($15) - takes the sharp edges from it and has brought in the instrumentals quite well.  Background is dead silent.  Fatigue factor reduced significantly.  You just never know about these things, until you own or try them... 

Also, I'm using the standard tubes that accompanies the WA7.  I bought but haven't yet tried the upgraded tubes yet ($100) - I'm very happy with the standards.  

Has anyone compared the two sets of tubes? 

I believe Currawong did a comparison during his review.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651556/a-tale-of-two-tube-amps-the-woo-audio-wa7-and-alo-audio-panam

Quote:
Just got an update e-mail from Woo Audio. They are discontinuing the smoke glass option due to manufacturing delays. All new Black WA7 will now ship with the clear glass tops. Ship dates have been pushed back by a few weeks.

Order Date --> Ship Date
Jan 28- Feb 18 --> By the end of April
Feb 19 - Mar 20 - May 10-13
March 20 - current - After May 17

Looks like I will have to wait another month. 
triportsad.gif

Ditto. I feel your pain.

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #280 of 2,600
Methinks the smoked glass version will become a collector's item. 
smile_phones.gif

I suggested this to him in response to the email they sent out about the delay, but hopefully they can qualify a different vendor for the smoked glass sometime in the future.  I really like that look.

I think all you'd need to do to turn the clear glass into smoked glass, is to dip it into hydrofluoric acid or something else that etches glass (quartz, silicon dioxide, etc).  Roughens up the surface.  I actually have access to that where I work.  But no, I won't try it on the only one I have. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #281 of 2,600
Well we both know u will try so order a clear glass just I case
LOL

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #283 of 2,600
I think all you'd need to do to turn the clear glass into smoked glass, is to dip it into hydrofluoric acid or something else that etches glass (quartz, silicon dioxide, etc).  Roughens up the surface.  I actually have access to that where I work.  But no, I won't try it on the only one I have.  :D

It would be easy to etch the surface of the glass -- no way to "smoke" it though. :)

Apr 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #284 of 2,600
Honestly I do not know what the process is . But looking at it in person it does look as if the whole glass is tinted .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back