WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Nov 20, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #2,267 of 2,600
  Heads up everybody. One week only!

http://wooaudio.com/products/  

Ive been waiting over to move on this amp and just took advantage of this sale yesterday ordering a Wa7 with a solid state PS.  I plan to pair it with some sennheiser Hd 800s.  I'm thinking I should've upgraded the power supply now. I can still pick up a wa7p separately ? I saw no link to purchase on by itself on the site.

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #2,268 of 2,600

Ive been waiting over to move on this amp and just took advantage of this sale yesterday ordering a Wa7 with a solid state PS.  I plan to pair it with some sennheiser Hd 800s.  I'm thinking I should've upgraded the power supply now. I can still pick up a wa7p separately ? I saw no link to purchase on by itself on the site.

For HD800, we recommend with WA7tp (tube power supply). No need to buy the solid state power supply separately.

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #2,269 of 2,600

Yes, just email them and ask if you can change your order or purchase the TP separately. It's definitely worth the upgrade.

Nov 22, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #2,271 of 2,600

Hey Mike! Were there any changes to the tube power supply between Gen1 and Gen2?  

Only change to WA7tp is Teflon tube sockets. Can be upgraded for $100.

http://tinyurl.com/jehnoqg

Jan 3, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #2,272 of 2,600
This may be a silly question (I'm fairly new to the technical aspects of headphones and headphone amps), but I'm hoping someone can help since I've searched around quite a bit and couldn't find something that touched on this precisely.

Is the Woo WA7 w/ WA7tp powerful enough to drive the Audeze LCD-2 headphone to full capability/performance? I understand that the optimal power range for the LCD-2 as specified by Audeze is 1-4W (and they're a 70 ohms impedance headphone). The WA7 is specified to have a max output of 1W @ 32 ohms. So, I'm curious if the WA7 is enough to feed the power hungry LCD-2, especially since the WA7 is beautiful and I'd love to have it.

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #2,274 of 2,600
Wa7/tp will drive the t1's with no problems :sunglasses:

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #2,276 of 2,600
I also have an Audeze headphone too. The LCD -XC. I'm also concern about WA7tp can fully pump my headphone. Especially my beyerdynamic t1.....

Drives my LCD3's with no problem.

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #2,279 of 2,600
I had been using my LCD 2.2 phones with my WA7 / tp combo and had been quite happy. When I acquired my Burson V2+, however, it became appparent that the Audezes were more capable than the Woo was able to demonstrate. There was ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with the Woo / Audeze combo, but if you are after "optimal" I think there a few products out there that might be worth looking at. P.S. I still LOVE the WA7; it receives, by far, the most play time of any of my equipment.

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #2,280 of 2,600
Hi groovyd,

Thks for feedback. Guess I m not the only one feel something missing in T1. I thought I think too much ....

As for the xc what is your setting for the WA7tp? Hi or Lo?

well since the WA7 is always plugged in with the LCDs I leave it on Lo.  It would need to be on Hi for the T1 but they don't get much head time to be honest.  Certainly the WA7 is a bit weak to properly drive the T1 but in my opinion the T1 is also at fault here.  It just can compare to the overall sound balance and drive of the LCDs.  In my opinion modern headphones that require a powerful amp to sound good just aren't worth it when there are so many amazing sounding and efficient cans like the X/XC available.  In other words if you need an amp with more then 1 watts chances are you would be better off switching cans instead.

beware of those headphones people say sound amazing if only you had a more powerful amp like the hifimans etc.  it's mostly bs in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back