WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Jan 10, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #2,296 of 2,600
Sure, that would be a great pairing too.  Quite a bit pricier but gives you more headroom and the option for balanced.

Hi ,

What is headroom mean? Sorry I guess I still have much to learn from you guys :p

I have LCD XC n beyerdynamic T1.1 pairing with my WA7tp n centrance m8 for traveling. I m thinking to get one more headphone. Maybe more portable for traveling like on the plane I m thinking for LCD 2 or X , or hifiman he560 or edition x , or sennheiser hd800 or fostex fd900.....

Any good advise for me ? Make sure can pair well with my WA7tp n m8. :)

I have the HE 500 and th900. Th900 is more versatile. I would go with it.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #2,297 of 2,600
Hi ,

What is headroom mean? Sorry I guess I still have much to learn from you guys
tongue.gif

I have LCD XC n beyerdynamic T1.1 pairing with my WA7tp n centrance m8 for traveling. I m thinking to get one more headphone. Maybe more portable for traveling like on the plane I m thinking for LCD 2 or X , or hifiman he560 or edition x , or sennheiser hd800 or fostex fd900.....

Any good advise for me ? Make sure can pair well with my WA7tp n m8.
smily_headphones1.gif

LCDs for traveling? The only one I'd recommend is the close back XC you already have. All those open back are not meant for moving around, only for quite places. 

Use a closed back with good isolation or IEMs on planes if you don't want to crank the volume up to 11 and damage your hearing.

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #2,298 of 2,600
LCDs for traveling? The only one I'd recommend is the close back XC you already have. All those open back are not meant for moving around, only for quite places. 

Use a closed back with good isolation or IEMs on planes if you don't want to crank the volume up to 11 and damage your hearing.

I have a pair of noble Django. I don't know is it my ear or what ? I feel uncomfortable n the sound feel missing something......

So that why I am searching for a headphone instead or a earphone (iem). Maybe a small size headphone like aedle vk1 size but better sound ..... n work well with WA7tp

Jan 15, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #2,301 of 2,600
Hi guys ,

So have anyone try the audeze dackard , meridian prime n Burson v2+? Compare with w7tp n w6se? If pair with T1 n XC?

I have the Deckard & Lyr 2 with a LCD 2 , I have tried the Deckard(Class A) with the included DAC and and external DAC modi uber plus loop through with the New  Peachtree Nova 150 Class D amp I use to drive KEF LS 50 .Deckard has all the power , clarity , soundstage, right amount of Bass, tonality and very musical !  and can drive the LCD 2 F to it's full potential , Lyr 2 has 6 watts of power depending on the tubes it seems a bit harsh on upper frequencies , but still a very good amp for the LCD 2. when i want the tubes I listen to the Lyr 2, but when I am  tired  of that and fatigue sets in I just switch over to the Deckard which I can listen too for hours without any fatigue.

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #2,302 of 2,600
Hello . . .
I tried the WA7 at Axpona last year. Sounded great with the HD800 & LCDs. Has any tried it with any of the Dita IEMs? Or any IEMs in general.  I think I'm going to pull the trigger soon to drive my HD 650 but wanted something that will pair well with by favorite IEM.

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #2,303 of 2,600
  Hello . . .
I tried the WA7 at Axpona last year. Sounded great with the HD800 & LCDs. Has any tried it with any of the Dita IEMs? Or any IEMs in general.  I think I'm going to pull the trigger soon to drive my HD 650 but wanted something that will pair well with by favorite IEM.

WA7 can drive any IEMs. We recommend the 1/4" output for most. The ultra-sensetive ones, use the 3.5mm port. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #2,305 of 2,600
Decided to upgrade my WA7 at home to the DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated as a dedicated headphone amp to drive my LCD-X 
1f609.png
:wink:
 Got an upgraded WA7+tp+original ps for sale anyone interested pm me. Serious offers only, these weren't cheap and with all the upgrading either.

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #2,306 of 2,600
  Decided to upgrade my WA7 at home to the DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated as a dedicated headphone amp to drive my LCD-X 
1f609.png
 Got an upgraded WA7+tp+original ps for sale anyone interested pm me. Serious offers only, these weren't cheap and with all the upgrading either.

Now that's an upgrade nice..enjoy

Feb 12, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #2,308 of 2,600
1f609.png

$4399 is a big jump. Congrats! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #2,309 of 2,600

$4399 is a big jump. Congrats! 
beerchug.gif

I've spent over half that on the WA7 up to this point.  I guess what decided for me is I already have a solid DAC the D100 at home and love tubes so much and the sound of the ProLogue sufficiently impressed me with 0 background noise and such precise and powerful sound and not at the expense of killing the tubes.  Will be nice having an amp that can absolutely drive any headphone in the world with complete authority.  No more 'well you need to drive those with this or that' b.s.  Also I would rather have an extra set of speaker outs and will be able to swap and share tubes with the ProLogue meaning I can really stock up.

I have a ton of unused WA7/tp tubes also if anyone is interested. 

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #2,310 of 2,600
I've spent over half that on the WA7 up to this point.  I guess what decided for me is I already have a solid DAC the D100 at home and love tubes so much and the sound of the ProLogue sufficiently impressed me with 0 background noise and such precise and powerful sound and not at the expense of killing the tubes.  Will be nice having an amp that can absolutely drive any headphone in the world with complete authority.  No more 'well you need to drive those with this or that' b.s.  Also I would rather have an extra set of speaker outs and will be able to swap and share tubes with the ProLogue meaning I can really stock up.

I have a ton of unused WA7/tp tubes also if anyone is interested. 

Dude I'm so getting that amp for my main system soon. Heard it on speakers at an expo here in SoCal, but they also had a pair of XCs to try it with and wow. Definitely keeps up with or even beats a lot of headphone amps I've heard. And the fact that Kevin from Prima was right there and told me I could still use my collection of 12AU7s to tube roll and change the sound I was like ok I'm sold(as soon as I save up..still feeling guilty from LCD-4 purchase).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back