WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Feb 14, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #1,022 of 2,600
  What do you fellow head-fiers put for the headphone setting on Windows (if it matters) or watching a movie: 2.0 Stereo or 5.1/7.1 Surround Sound?

IMO,  only 2 modes work best for headphone is 2.0 or Headphone mode ==> I prefer 2.0 mode as the sound more dynamic.

I only use 5.1/ 7.1 mode with compatible headphone (gaming headphone support 5.1/7.1, use direct from sound card)

Under 2.0 or Headphone mode, you can enable 3D function for movie & game, however, the surround sound is not good as a true 5.1/7.1 compatible headphone.

Cheers

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #1,023 of 2,600
Need some opinion from WA7 owners. Does any one try WA7 with Audio Technica woodies?

I'm using X3 DAP for my ATH-W1000 and ATH-ESW11LTD now. Just order ATH-W5000, so I'm looking for an addition amp. WA7 has a very good reviews, and most important thing, its look has highest WAF.

I listen to female vocal and jazz mostly, may be only 10% on classical. I love the lush sound of my rig now but want some more details. Do you think WA7 and AT is a good match?

Thanks

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #1,024 of 2,600
Need some opinion from WA7 owners. Does any one try WA7 with Audio Technica woodies?

I'm using X3 DAP for my ATH-W1000 and ATH-ESW11LTD now. Just order ATH-W5000, so I'm looking for an addition amp. WA7 has a very good reviews, and most important thing, its look has highest WAF.

I listen to female vocal and jazz mostly, may be only 10% on classical. I love the lush sound of my rig now but want some more details. Do you think WA7 and AT is a good match?

Thanks

I'm rocking the W3000ANV with the WA7 and i would say the pairing is heavenly.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #1,025 of 2,600
I'm rocking the W3000ANV with the WA7 and i would say the pairing is heavenly.

Thanks for comment. I hope that WA7 and W5000 will produce a good female vocal. I will check with dealer, whether they have any demo  unit or not.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,026 of 2,600
hey guys i really need to know, is the WA7's DAC what should we call Neutral/Bright/Slightly bright? which one? so i know which DAC to go for atm, i can go for the Schit gungnir

but i am afraid taht the WA7's dac is slightly bright then i will end up getting something different :< but in case its neutral then i guess i will be fine. 

so how do we describe the WA7's DAC? and thanks people ^^ 

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #1,028 of 2,600
  I would not describe the WA7 as bright more toward neutral and musical.  Not overly warm

wow nice, atm i am enjoying my UM Mentor CIEM's treble/mids, the mids sound warm and nice and the Treble is extended and fun, 

so going for a Schit gungnir won't be a bad idea after all? and thanks for the help, i am located in Dubai and can't demo anything :< 

Feb 17, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #1,029 of 2,600
Went to shop today, since my W5000 still in shipping process. I can only try WA7 with my ATH-ESW11LTD.

First thing in my mind after listen WA7 is that, this is a very interesting amp. It doesn't has mellow and warm sound like the ordinary good tube amp. I has Cary tube amp in my two channels for some times, Cary has a typical tube amp sound but not WA7.

I spend three hours with this amp today.

WA7 is not that mellow sound, when listen to contemporary jazz, or album like "Friday Night Live in San Francisco", speed is very good and have fun factor. Bass is very good, tight and deep. High is also superb, sparkle from vibraphone of "jazz at the pawnshop" and details from piano of Oscar Peterson, Gene Harris album make me stunt for the good details but not harsh at all.

The most special thing from this amp is at female vocal. The singer just in the front of the band clearly, very well match with my woodies.

this is not a typical tube amp. There's some thing about WA7 that I would like all music lover have a chance to try it.

Result from my audition today?

During I typing this post, I'm listening to Celtic Woman album on my sofa from ....
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #1,030 of 2,600
WOOHOOO!! Just got confirmation my WA7 shipped!! I've been breaking in my new HD800 getting ready for this.

Feb 20, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #1,035 of 2,600
Just got the WA7 in, however I am kinda disappointed, because they forgot to send me the EH tubes which I payed for.  
frown.gif
 I have an email into woo hopefully they will get back with me soon. In the mean time here we go stock tubes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back