WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Dec 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #797 of 2,601
The specs are claiming 5,000 hours lifespan. That means about 7 months non-stop use, or 3.5 years using it 4 hours a day. 

Ok, so my curiosity begs the question then.....should I order a second pair of EH gold pins to replace my current pair in 4-5 years time? Or will they always be available? I love my current WA7 setup and I would like to ensure longevity in listening pleasure.

Note that this is my first-ever tube amp and I'm somewhat of a newbie here :)

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #798 of 2,601
Ok, so my curiosity begs the question than.....should I order a second pair of EH gold pins to replace my current pair in 4-5 years time? Or will they always be available? I love my current WA7 setup and I would like to ensure longevity in listening pleasure.

Note that this is my first-ever tube amp and I'm somewhat of a newbie here
smily_headphones1.gif

must buy more NOWW!!!! 
biggrin.gif
 heh

you can always unload/trade em out?

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #799 of 2,601
Ok, so my curiosity begs the question than.....should I order a second pair of EH gold pins to replace my current pair in 4-5 years time? Or will they always be available? I love my current WA7 setup and I would like to ensure longevity in listening pleasure.

Note that this is my first-ever tube amp and I'm somewhat of a newbie here
smily_headphones1.gif

Considering that these tubes are no longer in production (someone correct me please if I'm wrong, I quietly hope that I am), the answer should be rather obvious. One thing seems certain: they're not getting any cheaper...

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #802 of 2,601

Considering that these tubes are no longer in production (someone correct me please if I'm wrong, I quietly hope that I am), the answer should be rather obvious. One thing seems certain: they're not getting any cheaper...

All right. Done. Second pair of EH tubes ordered. I'll keep them nice and safe in my ruggedized LCD-3 case for when I need them in several years time. I figure that in 10-15 years time my 65-70 year old ears won't hear much of anything anymore and if need be I'll just switch to the unused stock tubes that originally came with my WA7 LOL.

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #803 of 2,601
Just got my 2nd WA7 with EH tubes. First was for use at work and I was so impressed I bought a second for home at a huge $300 discount which I cannot say about here :wink:  Now I just need to remember to pick up a power cord.  Really wish it came with one and a USB cable for better out of the box experience.

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #805 of 2,601
  Just got my 2nd WA7 with EH tubes. First was for use at work and I was so impressed I bought a second for home at a huge $300 discount which I cannot say about here :wink:  Now I just need to remember to pick up a power cord.  Really wish it came with one and a USB cable for better out of the box experience.

Interesting details about the EH tubes... and why they are so good and so hard to make and have quality issues (and expensive)...

http://www.jacmusic.com/ehx/

that was an interesting read. unsure if i want to have $100 sitting around as a backup pair of tubes though.

as for the $300 discount. that's something i really wanna read about.

Dec 19, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #809 of 2,601
hey guys does the WA7 (upgraded tubes) have less Treble sparkle compared to a solid state amp? i am using the UM mircale with it and the Treble isn't this fun , decided to get a silver cable and will see what will happen, will be here in 2-3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back