WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Sep 22, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #2,206 of 2,601

Thanks. Would you say the Jot is a relatively "warm" SS amp overall (I've heard it said)? Something that might tame some of the worst excesses of, say, Beyer or HD800 high frequencies?

IMO, I wouldn't exactly call it warm compared to the WA7. It's more neutral, natural sounding.
Some people don't like it with the HD800 but running a balanced HD800s I'm really enjoying the sound, plus you get 15days to return it if you're not happy. Probably don't want to keep getting off topic here but I plan on keeping both the WA7 & Jot.

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #2,208 of 2,601
  Just curious if anyone here prefers their WA7 stock without the WA7tp?

This seems like a strange question. If you have the WA7tp, I don't think you'd prefer the WA7 without it, as the sound is definitely improved over the stock SMPS.

If you don't have the WA7tp, then it's doubtful you'd know how much better the WA7 sounds with it.

Are you asking to know if the WA7tp is worth buying? If so, then I vote YES.

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #2,209 of 2,601
yes I agree it is a big improvement with the tp, speaking as a former owner I now enjoy the wa22..   

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #2,210 of 2,601
  yes I agree it is a big improvement with the tp, speaking as a former owner I now enjoy the wa22..   

I been thinking about selling one of my WA7+tp and moving toward perhaps the 22 for home use... how does it compare?  I already have a great DAC D100 so am really just lookin for the most lucious tube sound i can get for my LCD-X's.

Oct 1, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #2,212 of 2,601

This seems like a strange question. If you have the WA7tp, I don't think you'd prefer the WA7 without it, as the sound is definitely improved over the stock SMPS.

If you don't have the WA7tp, then it's doubtful you'd know how much better the WA7 sounds with it.

Are you asking to know if the WA7tp is worth buying? If so, then I vote YES.

Yeah I picked up a WA7tp today from the official distributor. Been waiting but these don't come up used as a stand alone unit. While the DAC alone on the WA7 isn't anything ground breaking, it just works so well with the rest, i.e. amp and tube supply. I guess the word to use here would be synergy. It's just a really enjoyable experience. Can't wait for my Ethers to get here so I can take this enjoyment up a few levels.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #2,213 of 2,601
I tried these today, and while excellent, the owner said that the tubes were going haywire which made the amp weaker than normal. Has anyone else had this problem?

yes, i just started having this problem with my work WA7 tp unit which i had swapped out the tubes for the extra long ones with the adapters and it seems they are causing issues and dropping out the audio during bass hits.  I am pulling them out of both my units and going back to the mullards... safe and sound great.

Oct 2, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #2,214 of 2,601
Do the newer TPs have a wobbly power button as well?

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #2,215 of 2,601
Do the newer TPs have a wobbly power button as well?

The button is slightly loose because it's a button, not a knob like WA7 amp. This is normal on all current and past WA7tp.

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #2,216 of 2,601

The button is slightly loose because it's a button, not a knob like WA7 amp. This is normal on all current and past WA7tp.

What is the connector on the umbilical chord? Is it possible to get one made as an upgrade?

Oct 3, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #2,217 of 2,601
I was able to get an umbilical made for the WA7/tp by Revelation Audio Labs, very pleased with it's sound. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #2,218 of 2,601
I was able to get an umbilical made for the WA7/tp by Revelation Audio Labs, very pleased with it's sound. :)

Given the Aussie dollar it's quote pricey after conversion. Do you know what that 5 pin connector itself is called? Maybe I can get an upgrade cable made locally.

Oct 3, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #2,219 of 2,601
Given the Aussie dollar it's quote pricey after conversion. Do you know what that 5 pin connector itself is called? Maybe I can get an upgrade cable made locally.

Circular DIN?  Check out mouser maybe you can find it cheap...

http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Circular-Connectors/Circular-DIN-Connectors/_/N-76q5g

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #2,220 of 2,601
Can anyone post for me a heavy bass track with no distortion during the bass hits?  I am trying to decvide if my tube swap fixed the bass issue but all the heavy bass tracks i have seem to have some bass distortion when the bass hits.  I need something heavy and super clean to verify against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back