WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Sep 19, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #2,026 of 2,600
Yes, I can understand why some people still choose them even for using with seriously expensive and high-end rigs.  But they sounded exceptional out of the ~£200 Asgard/Crack too.... not to mention out the WA7, which took them a notch further.  Plenty of juice.

Quite a special headphone.  Must try the HD-600 at some point and see which side of the fence I'm on in that age-old debate  :)

Sep 25, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #2,028 of 2,600
Congrats on your new purchase. It is indeed something that is quite enjoyable. What are you pairing it with?

Mark

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #2,034 of 2,600
Hi guys, just got the WA7 and noticed that the left LED on the tube doesn't seem to light up... Anybody know why this might be the case?

Here's what I'm talking about:
http://i.imgur.com/1Nm1Y8j.jpg

Thanks

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #2,037 of 2,600
Hi,

Just recently got a Wa7 and it works with my iPad 4 still running IOS 8 through the camera connection kit.  Tried using my iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 1 both with IOS 9 but neither of the worked.  Tried searching to see if this is an issue with IO9 or with the devices but wasn't able to find anything.  Hoping someone might have some input.

Thanks,

Christian

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,038 of 2,600
  Wow, great info guys! I am definitely considering selling the WA7 and WA7tp (and dacmini) for a better dac as an option. Or perhaps moving the WA7 and WA7tp to the bedroom or living room to be used with my home theater for movies, music, and games. 

Can someone describe how a pre-amp impacts sound quality? I do not think I fully understand it. If I were to hook up the WA7 to the Marantz via lineout/tape, would the Marantz be acting as a pre-amp?

The dacmini dac is superb and combines very well with the WA7 especially with Grados (opens them up very nicely). Any looking? :)

Thanks for the idea! I hadn't even thought of looking into running the dacmini out into the Wa7! this should be interesting :) I am beginning to look for a decent DAC in the system myself, along with a umbilical power cable upgrade and some new cans when I can.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #2,040 of 2,600
   I'm new member Wa7d + Electro Harmonix gold pin tubes, I love it with my Beyerdynamic 1770Pro and my T90  ... For me is very special combo , all music styles is not a problem ! 

Congrats on your new amp..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back