Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV
Jun 24, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #288 of 903
  Using a tube amp without having a collection of tubes for rolling is enjoying the warmth and realism of the music with what you are given folks.

agree but... you can also try to tailor the sound to your taste and you are happy when you find some rare tube or tubes that have a nice story to tell.

Here my small collection of tubes for my TU-05 :)

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #289 of 903
The WA8 is designed with simplicity in mind. Tube rolling on the WA8 is easy although it cannot compare to a full sized desktop amp.

The 6S31B power tube is a very unique tube. There is no direct substitude. It has a long lifespan so you won't need to worry about changing tubes once a while.

You can roll the 6021 which is a common tube.

At the end, the WA8 is for a minimal, user friendly setup.

We will offer tube kit for replacement. Right now, we just want you to enjoy and be worry-free.

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #291 of 903
Jul 17, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #294 of 903
Hi, Can any one advise please What store in the States can I order/buy WA8 from and get it delivered quickly? Are they available immideately or there is some waiting time to get one ? Woo site says something like "once paid it will be shipped approximately in two weeks". Maybe they are out of stack there then Is there a dealer/distributer that has these amps in stock ( ready to ship)? I would need it delivered in one week 10 days max as I am going traveling. (that's whay I need this amp now)

Thanks in advance

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #295 of 903
mmm....if you are in a hurry, I suggest you phone any of the 5 Woo Audio dealers in the States. The digits are in the Woo Audio website. From my understanding, there is a long queue for the WA8. Mine took nearly 2 months (from preorder to delivery).

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #296 of 903
Thanks I will. I spent all day today reading threads and reviews on this amp. It seems that it sounds good. I didn't find how this amp is with McIntosh MCH1000. What I learned Woo8 adds bass to HD800 that with other amps (probably "non-tube") lacks a bit of (like drums). But MCH1000 phones are bassy in comparison to HD800. wondering how good would it be with Woo8. I guess I like lows  haha

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #299 of 903
I am about to dive into the WA8 world right now. Never seen it, never heard it, can't get it in HK but it's available in Taiwan. Just from reading you guys post I have to get one to try. It's my first tube gear. You know why I like this? No tube rolling. I am a lazy plug and play kind of guy. Expat living in Vietnam. Simple yet Summit-Fi is what I want. I will have to fly to Taiwan to pick up so hope for the best. I just got the Hifiman HEX 4 days ago driving it with the AQ RED, Mojo waiting at home. Can't wait to try the glow of the tube sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back