Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV
Jun 20, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #272 of 903

Great review - I find the notion that WA8 sounds better than Hugo to be extremely hilarious though. Woo Audio. LOL.

I can understand you since I have been myself a big fan of my HUGO and my MOJO to the point that I even use mu HUGO as my desktop DAC to feed my $5000 EC445 desktop tube amp, but... when I tried again the TU-05 associated with it and when I tried the WA8, I realized that a little Warms added to the precision of the HUGO does make the listening experience more... enjoyable (at least with the HE-X)

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #273 of 903
Hi everyone,

For those interested, here are my impressions of the Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse when paired with the Meze Headphones 99 Classics, my Custom PC and Questyle Audio QP1R, written during the time I had the WA8 Eclipse on loan for a couple of weeks (the full review of the 99 Classics is here).

Jun 22, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #274 of 903
Any picture on the INSIDE of the WA8 ?  Please can a happy owner open his precious and take pictures ?  
redface.gif

Like to compare with my TU-05 inside (also a Tube ONLY amp).

Jun 22, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #275 of 903
  Any picture on the INSIDE of the WA8 ?  Please can a happy owner open his precious and take pictures ?  
redface.gif

Like to compare with my TU-05 inside (also a Tube ONLY amp).

One screw, as far as I can remember, is located behind the warranty sticker. So opening up would mean voiding the warranty. Unless that's just bad luck on my part with an unfortunately placed sticker on my Woo sample.

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #276 of 903

One screw, as far as I can remember, is located behind the warranty sticker. So opening up would mean voiding the warranty. Unless that's just bad luck on my part with an unfortunately placed sticker on my Woo sample.

I thought I saw 7 screws at the side. The warranty sticker on my unit isn't pasted over any of the screw.

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #277 of 903

I thought I saw 7 screws at the side. The warranty sticker on my unit isn't pasted over any of the screw.

So... open it for us pleaaaase  
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #279 of 903
mmm.......7 phillips and a hexagonal screw of some type (my eyes are too tired) but if you run you fingers across the warranty sticker, there is an indentation or hole of some kind  underneath it (perhaps another screw), so no go. Sorry, I can't risk voiding the warranty. The sticker text: warranty void if removed.

Jun 22, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #280 of 903
Is it possible to easily do tube rolling with the WA8 ? Has someone tested already ?

Is this supported by WooAudio ? Will Woo offer or recommand alternatieve tube sets ( or caps & tubes upgrade) like they do for their desktop amps ?

Jun 22, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #281 of 903
Is it possible to easily do tube rolling with the WA8 ? Has someone tested already ?

Is this supported by WooAudio ? Will Woo offer or recommand alternatieve tube sets ( or caps & tubes upgrade) like they do for their desktop amps ?

Tubes are user replaceable. We will have tubes kit and upgrade tubes available in the near future. Right now, the focus is to fill the long backorder queue. 

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #282 of 903

I was under the impression you ordered the WA8 at the shop? Or did you go direct? Or haven't you ordered yet?

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #283 of 903

I was under the impression you ordered the WA8 at the shop? Or did you go direct? Or haven't you ordered yet?

The shop could not sell me the demo init ans also did not had the selling price for a new unit.  I just received today the infos for ordering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back