Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV
May 25, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #241 of 903
I have to say the Edition X is really good on the Wa8, For some reason I don't quite like my HD800 on it though, all the other Hifimans, and Audeze's I do like.

May 25, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #242 of 903
who I reviewed the WA8 I had the HD800S and Edition X at the same time. 

They both were driven excellent from the WA8. As were the HE560 and super most surprising: the T90 LE sounded like it came form a different galaxy - really loved what I heard. The T90 needs the right amp to shine but wow did it shine with the WA8. Absolutely amazing.

To be honest, to my ears - I did not hear any headphone sound bad form the WA8 in my week with it. It's a marvel!

Cheers!

May 25, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #243 of 903
  who I reviewed the WA8 I had the HD800S and Edition X at the same time. 

They both were driven excellent from the WA8. As were the HE560 and super most surprising: the T90 LE sounded like it came form a different galaxy - really loved what I heard. The T90 needs the right amp to shine but wow did it shine with the WA8. Absolutely amazing.

To be honest, to my ears - I did not hear any headphone sound bad form the WA8 in my week with it. It's a marvel!

Cheers!

Must try my T90 on it later then! :)

May 25, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #244 of 903

Must try my T90 on it later then! :)

YOU MUST!!

beerchug.gif

May 25, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #245 of 903
  Mmm.....what's that interconnect that you are using to connect the ZX2 to WA8?

Sony WM-Port to USB adapter. This allows digital pass-thru to WA8.

May 25, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #246 of 903
Interesting. So you feel that battery power, even connected to the wall, is equivalent to a power conditioner? If that is the case, wouldn't power conditioners just put a battery at each output instead of things like isolation transformers? (Not for big amps, but everything else.) I don't know enough about electricity to say you are incorrect, but that does not sound right to me. Plus, isn't a ground loop really a different problem than a "dirty" power line? The power conditioner probably solves both problems, but does a battery? Maybe I'll start a topic over in Sound Science rather than continuing here.

Hey. Sorry to chime in late here bit the power line conditioner doesn't solve both problems. What his problem is that maybe the wiring in his home is dated and he has a grounding issue, which creates that electrical hum. What has to happen is that the AC power cord safety Prong has to be removed and that hum will disappear. DC powered or battery operated does not matter. It's that freakin' pin. Lol. I had this problem.

Anyhow. Back to the WA8. Very tempted to pull the trigger on this incredible amp. 2600$ CAN though. Retail is a bitch. :frowning2:

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #247 of 903
Seeking high quality sound at work, the WA8 sound like... the holy grail!
Though, work place means for me closed headphone, as I don't want to use IEM... what would be the closed headphone of choices with this beast?
That, if I can manage to find a way to get it to Reunion island without beeing destroyed by VAT, 33% of 1900$ beeing... horrible:)

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #249 of 903
mmm......recommend it also... Eclipse is a top-notch transportable tube amp that will take care of your headfi needs on and off the road. If not for the paltry battery life (3 hours or so), this would be a must-have. Don't hesitate..........to push you to the edge, here's.inspiration:

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #250 of 903
Digital-in is only USB, Not Optical ? So there is no way to use an A&K DAP as a digital source fot the WA8 ?

So digital source ( to use the WA8's internal DAC) are limited to PC/Mac or Some rare DAP that offer USB digital out instead of toshlink ( Sony and......, ?,?)

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #252 of 903
Digital-in is only USB, Not Optical ? So there is no way to use an A&K DAP as a digital source fot the WA8 ?

So digital source ( to use the WA8's internal DAC) are limited to PC/Mac or Some rare DAP that offer USB digital out instead of toshlink ( Sony and......, ?,?)

mmmm......yeah, optical in is a puzzling omission on the eclipse.

Jun 14, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #253 of 903

mmmm......yeah, optical in is a puzzling omission on the eclipse.

A very nice setup I am sure... Not sure if it is entirely portable though... Using the HE1000 or the HD800S on the street or on a train is something that I haven't seen anyone doing yet. Please take a pic when you do it. Probably better with closed cans out there though as the noise leak will be hilarious with the said cans. Better yet if you can do a video of tube rolling on the WA8 while you're on the go. People will be amazed.

Louis Armstrong 

Jun 14, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #254 of 903
Mmm.....I've used the HD 800/S and other open cans on the train, the Airport Express train of Hong Kong. Quiet, smooth ride. It depends on the train, I guess. The WA8 plus AK 380 cu can be used on the go. To buffer the heat, I use a rubber matting to insulate my hands from the heat emanating from the WA8. No problem. Of course it is not ideal (just turn the volume up a bit) but still doable+listenable and if strangers stare at me, I don't mind at all. Once I'm in my zone, nothing else matters.

Jun 14, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #255 of 903
  Mmm.....I've used the HD 800/S and other open cans on the train, the Airport Express train of Hong Kong. Quiet, smooth ride. It depends on the train, I guess. The WA8 plus AK 380 cu can be used on the go. To buffer the heat, I use a rubber matting to insulate my hands from the heat emanating from the WA8. No problem. Of course it is not ideal (just turn the volume up a bit) but still doable and who really cares if strangers stare at you. Once I'm in my zone, nothing else matters.

Open headphones may cause problem for others if it is, say, a long flight - just saying, in case you actually use the HD800S combo on the plane. Also, not sure whether the power outlets on planes can charge/power the WA8 for the duration for entire flights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back