Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #1,008 of 1,117
  My opinion is go for it, absolutely!  I own 2 sets of WA7+tp one for home and work.  The one at work runs the internal DAC and the one at home runs a McIntosh D100 DAC and to be perfectly honest with you the difference is very very very small between these two setups. The D100 is considered an exceptional DAC and really the internal DAC really holds it's own against it.  It is really about value and I believe for the cost you would be very hard to find a better DAC/Amp than the WA7/tp.

+1 contrary to what some reviewers say, the WA7 internal DAC is no slouch. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #1,009 of 1,117
Anyone using an iPhone 6s Plus (or any iOS device) with the Lightning to USB Camera kit > Woo WA7? I use it and play FLAC files without a problem. However, I'd like to know if iOS Is capable of pushing 24/96 to the Woo WA7 DAC?

Apps I use for music on iOS:

Apple Music
TuneShell
FLAC Player

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #1,010 of 1,117
  Anyone using an iPhone 6s Plus (or any iOS device) with the Lightning to USB Camera kit > Woo WA7? I use it and play FLAC files without a problem. However, I'd like to know if iOS Is capable of pushing 24/96 to the Woo WA7 DAC?

Apps I use for music on iOS:

Apple Music
TuneShell
FLAC Player

I've played up to 176/24 PCM and DSD 5.6 on an iPhone 6s using Onkyo HF player so it is not a function of iOS, but whatever the app supports.

Dec 6, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #1,011 of 1,117
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm trying to find some matched pairs of JAN 5814A Tubes either in Australia or in the UK.
Where do you guys buy these from as I'm having a hard time hunting them down.

Regards,
Simon

Dec 6, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #1,012 of 1,117
You might check Langrex.com there in the uk don't know if they have the 5814a's..

Dec 6, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #1,013 of 1,117
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm trying to find some matched pairs of JAN 5814A Tubes either in Australia or in the UK.

Regards,
Simon

I ordered my matched pair of Sylvania JANS from http://tctubes.com

Is that what you're looking for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #1,014 of 1,117
I also buy my tubes from tctubes.com and haven't had a problem with them! I'm in Australia as well and shipping only takes like a week or so

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #1,015 of 1,117
Simon, 

My advice - try to keep the price around or under £20 for a NOS pair - including shipping. These are a nice budget tube for the WA7tp but as soon as you start paying significantly more the price to performance ratio drops quickly.  I bought a sleeve of 5 for around this price, they were tested as NOS but not matched.  They worked great. 

Just searching eBay for Sylvania 5814A brings up lots of options for a matched pair - around £20 or a little more, all in.   At that price I'm happy to buy from eBay.

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #1,016 of 1,117
  Hi all,

Regards,
Simon

I agree with Jeb on this you don't need to spend big for these , Ebay has nearly 100 results for 5814 Sylvania
Also don't think matching is important with the rectifiers just look for clean straight pins and a seller with a good rep

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,018 of 1,117
For my WA7/WA7tp I ended up going with Woo selected RCA Clear Tops and Mullard 4003s from Upscale Audio. I find myself always going back to the Clear Tops for their crispness, detail, and greater 'live' feel, at least to my ears. But what I really want are tops that would combine qualities of both- the just mentioned qualities of the clear tops, along with the smoothness and better bass of the Mullards.

Any suggestions on a set of tubes I haven't tried? Or is that bigger sound actually more an indication of moving up to the WA5? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back