Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread
Mar 14, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #706 of 1,117
  Thanks for asking I have not yet but I will say I'm very surprised just how well these RCA 5814A's sound they are really close to the mullards at a fraction of the cost, wow I see now why some guys say one does not need to spend lots of money on tubes to get great sound..

Thanks for link!!

Please give me some idea between RCA 5814A and Mullard in term of details and upper high. Does RCA 5814A is as bright as Sylvania?

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #707 of 1,117

Thanks for link!!

Please give me some idea between RCA 5814A and Mullard in term of details and upper high. Does RCA 5814A is as bright as Sylvania?

I will take a closer listen between the RCA's & the Sylvania's tomorrow and be happy to let you know what I think of the two. As far as the mullards go they are my favorites a wonderful full bodied & rich sounding tube with really great low end, But I could also live very comfortably with these new RCA's I've got, no harshness at all unlike the stock woo tubes

Remember that the woo tubes are 55. + 10.  at the door the RCA's were 16. at the door and way better sounding. The Sylvania's were 5.95 + 3. at my door I won't buy any more woo tubes that's for sure..

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #708 of 1,117
I will take a closer listen between the RCA's & the Sylvania's tomorrow and be happy to let you know what I think of the two. As far as the mullards go they are my favorites a wonderful full bodied & rich sounding tube with really great low end, But I could also live very comfortably with these new RCA's I've got, no harshness at all unlike the stock woo tubes

Remember that the woo tubes are 55. + 10.  at the door the RCA's were 16. at the door and way better sounding. The Sylvania's were 5.95 + 3. at my door I won't buy any more woo tubes that's for sure..

Would you mind sharing the links you used to purchase the RCA and Sylvania tubes? Thanks!

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #709 of 1,117

When I look at your link for Mullard. I think ..., ok, I have GE which is the same sound signature as Mullard. I have Sylvania. Why not try Amperex Buungle Boy. So, I ordered for one pair of Amperex. Hope to get it by end of March
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #710 of 1,117
Would you mind sharing the links you used to purchase the RCA and Sylvania tubes? Thanks!

I don't have any links those tubes that I mentioned are bids that I won off ebay, most of the time they don't come that cheap. But you can always find tubes that are better then woo stock for much less money..

When I look at your link for Mullard. I think ..., ok, I have GE which is the same sound signature as Mullard. I have Sylvania. Why not try Amperex Buungle Boy. So, I ordered for one pair of Amperex. Hope to get it by end of March
biggrin.gif

Sounds great I've been looking for some bugle boy's let us know how they are..

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #712 of 1,117
Cool that's a good idea I've missed deals by not paying attention..

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #716 of 1,117
Nothing fancy. I do this with all of my hobbies, if it's something I don't need right away, I'll set a saved search for whatever I'm looking for.  If a good deal comes around, I'll jump on it.  While not related to this in particular, I do love using CamelCamelCamel as a price comparison for Amazon.  Download the extension for whatever browser you enjoy using, lookup the item on Amazon and see where the prices have done overtime. It also allows you to set a price alert, so you can be notified when it reaches it.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #717 of 1,117
A saved search on eBay allows you to get notifications when new items meet the criteria.

From eBay:

To follow a search:
  • From the top of any page, enter the item you're looking for in the search box, and then click Search.

• On the search results page, click Follow this search at the top of your results page. You may be asked to sign in.

• Select the checkbox if you want to receive email notifications when new items match your search.

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #718 of 1,117
  A saved search on eBay allows you to get notifications when new items meet the criteria.

From eBay:

To follow a search:
  • From the top of any page, enter the item you're looking for in the search box, and then click Search.

• On the search results page, click Follow this search at the top of your results page. You may be asked to sign in.

• Select the checkbox if you want to receive email notifications when new items match your search.

+1
I'll be doing this really good idea thanks..

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #719 of 1,117
if u want the el8 on sale u can get it from headphone.com (headroom)... they have a 10% off if u sign up for their newletter or smtg like that.

Mar 24, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #720 of 1,117
So I went ahead and bought a matched pair of Mullard CV4003's from the eBay listing posted a page or two back...

WOW. 

This has to be the most significant tube upgrade I've ever made; Very rangy and smooth, with a nice punchy bottom and lower mids..

Thank you very much @abvolt for the recommendation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back