Woo Audio WA5/WA5 LE owners
Jun 3, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #301 of 462
Oh I’ve ordered a ZMF atrium, and I have a Feliks Euforia. I love the combination already, but I saw a used gen1 wa5 come up. They’re asking too much, but it got me researching the wa5. A used one might be the best / cheapest way to a good 300b amp.

I want to try an amp with ‘liquid midrange’ at some point, and I think this might be one of them?

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #302 of 462
The WA5 is quite a proficient amp, and can sound very liquid with the right sources. It's got plenty of juice (get it?!) to drive the Atriums to their gooey finest!

20220603_192744.jpg

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #303 of 462
Oh I’ve ordered a ZMF atrium, and I have a Feliks Euforia. I love the combination already, but I saw a used gen1 wa5 come up. They’re asking too much, but it got me researching the wa5. A used one might be the best / cheapest way to a good 300b amp.

I want to try an amp with ‘liquid midrange’ at some point, and I think this might be one of them?
The original gen 1 is more lush and low power. Does it have 2 1/4 jacks if so wouldn’t bother.

Jun 3, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #304 of 462
I'm also planning to get a ZMF, Verite in my case. I bought a WA5 LE in 2020 for that reason but the pandemic happened and I had to postpone it. Now I'm patiently waiting for Zach to release an Ebony wood Verite open to pull the trigger.

Jun 6, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #305 of 462
Makes ok headphones sound better and I tested all ZMF dynamics on it and it was more organic than WA33 which only performed great with planar.
For whatever reasons SET like wa5 synergizes great with dynamic drivers. Like peas and carrot. Nearly all the best headphone setup I've heard throughout the years involve some form of dynamic driver + SET amps.

Jun 6, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #306 of 462
Maybe one day. The current one is listed for the same price that he bought it for 8 years ago..

Jul 15, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #308 of 462
Hi, I'm interested in Takatsuki combination. What is your impression about this sound? compare to other perhaps.

thank you.
The Takatsuki tubes are near the top of the performance spectrum. Extremely precise, clean, with plenty of power and impact. They are very close to "dead neutral" in sound characteristics. If you want your music pure and unaffected by tube coloring, these are the tubes for you.

Jul 18, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #309 of 462
The original gen 1 is more lush and low power. Does it have 2 1/4 jacks if so wouldn’t bother.

og wa5 is more lush yes, same power as new if you have the full wa5 and use the k1000 jack. it does have one 1/4 jack for low/high imp. the k1000 jack sounds best for pretty much all headphones except really easy to drive ones. i have also heard new wa5 and didnt feel like upgrading was worth it. that said, the new wa5le is better than the old wa5le because the old wa5le is low on power and didn’t have the all important k1000 jack with 9W of power like the wa5.

finding a gen 1 wa5 is one of the best deals you can get I think, the new wa5 has a more dynamic sound but they both are on the same level and I personally prefer the old one for that sweet tube lushness. both wa5 top tier amps

For whatever reasons SET like wa5 synergizes great with dynamic drivers. Like peas and carrot. Nearly all the best headphone setup I've heard throughout the years involve some form of dynamic driver + SET amps.

yes :)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #311 of 462
Anyone has opinion for whether i should get the wa5le or just a wa22 with upgraded tubes(cheaper) if i am maining only be using 1 headphone?he1kse :)
I've a pair of hekv2 and a 2nd gen WA5LE and I love the combo. I can't tell you or give you a better description why I like it so much. The sound I hear from those 300Bs is amazing and quite an experience.

Jul 18, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #312 of 462
Anyone has opinion for whether i should get the wa5le or just a wa22 with upgraded tubes(cheaper) if i am maining only be using 1 headphone?he1kse :)
I had the WA22 for a week or so and because of my curiosity I sent it back to try the WA5LE Second Edition. I’m glad I did and not have looked back. If you make the decision to go WA5LE I don’t think you’d be disappointe.

Jul 19, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #313 of 462
WA5-LE is in a different league, if you can afford it.

Also, it's getting harder and harder to find good 6080/6AS7G power tubes for the WA22. Conversely, all the tubes in the WA5-LE are still in production, with a lot of great options available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back