Woo Audio WA22 Amp Owner Unite
Mar 18, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #631 of 2,694
Had some fun tonight rolling power tubes. With the LCD-3 and especially LCD-4 you are kind of limited to the higher gain power tubes such as 6BL7 and TS 5998. But, I picked up a demo Focal Stellia from some friends of mine yesterday, and now I can enjoy the "regular" 6080/6AS7G. Don't really have too much to add to say about these tubes that hasn't already been said, apart from the Bendix JAN-CEA 6080WB with pair of top halo getters always sounded a bit lightweight with my LCD-3. Not so with the higher sensitivity Stellia. The GEC 6080 I'd put on the same level as the Bendix, and the GEC 6AS7G have all that the other two tubes have, plus slightly better defined and stronger bass.

The only slight problem with higher sensitivity headphones is they are more susceptible to tube noise. Nothing that impacts the music whilst playing, but they might not be suitable for people who look for the blackest of blackest backgrounds from tube amps. Otherwise, the Stellia are truly fabulous and suit my needs perfectly. They are a great match for the WA22.

Dude that is a nice setup you've got wow it looks real good..

Mar 18, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #633 of 2,694
Can I ask some question ..
I have wa22 this amp I very like it..
but I don’t have good DAC ...
for now I only have chord mojo to wa22..
My setup is Computer to mojo and wa22 headphone is lcd-xc... I have used around 7 months.. sounds feel good..but yesterday some people say I need buy other DAC..
He say mojo DAC is like toy.. he say tabletop DAC is better... but I don’t which one tabletop DAC is good and price I want under $1500.. someone can you recommend to me? Thanks you
And my friend recommend Yulong da10..
This DAC is from China..

I've been using the Nuprime Dac-10 for about 3 years now it's the best sound I've ever had from a Dac..

Mar 18, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #634 of 2,694
Can I ask some question ..
I have wa22 this amp I very like it..
but I don’t have good DAC ...
for now I only have chord mojo to wa22..
My setup is Computer to mojo and wa22 headphone is lcd-xc... I have used around 7 months.. sounds feel good..but yesterday some people say I need buy other DAC..
He say mojo DAC is like toy.. he say tabletop DAC is better... but I don’t which one tabletop DAC is good and price I want under $1500.. someone can you recommend to me? Thanks you
And my friend recommend Yulong da10..
This DAC is from China..
Take your time.

You will find the DAC you like.

Yes, a bunch of DACs on the market are much better than the one you are using now.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/fs-silver-directstream-player/9885

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #635 of 2,694
Dude that is a nice setup you've got wow it looks real good..
Thanks! Looks a little tidier with the tubes put away :) It's been fun to roll power tubes and other tubes again with a different set of headphones.

Mar 18, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #637 of 2,694
Mar 18, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #638 of 2,694
Hugo 2 used one around $1600-1800
But new one eBay around $2100
I want try tabletop DAC
I don’t know a single ended DAC on a Balanced amp. doesn’t seem like you’re going to get the full potential of amp. I’m using the Ayre’s Codex so I can switch up between solid State and tube and keep everything balanced.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #639 of 2,694
I don’t know a single ended DAC on a Balanced amp. doesn’t seem like you’re going to get the full potential of amp. I’m using the Ayre’s Codex so I can switch up between solid State and tube and keep everything balanced.
Yes Hugo 2 no xlr balance output..
so I want so tabletop DAC with xlr balance to my wa22 ..

Mar 18, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #640 of 2,694
Yes Hugo 2 no xlr balance output..
so I want so tabletop DAC with xlr balance to my wa22 ..
My opinion about that, only if you use the Dual 3 pin XLR output, you will get vantage of it. 4 pin XLR use separate ground. RCA output dont share it too. So, make sense to me its ok to use a rca input if you use a 4 pin xlr (wich is way more easy to go than dual pin)

Here i use a direcstream dac, no diferences between xlr and rca.

Mar 18, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #641 of 2,694
My opinion about that, only if you use the Dual 3 pin XLR output, you will get vantage of it. 4 pin XLR use separate ground. RCA output dont share it too. So, make sense to me its ok to use a rca input if you use a 4 pin xlr (wich is way more easy to go than dual pin)

Here i use a direcstream dac, no diferences between xlr and rca.
I see ....

Mar 18, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #643 of 2,694
I see ....
I don’t have tell you..
for now I listen music only on YouTube..lol..
I used my computer to mojo And wa22..
but I have AK380 with xlr balance Dock to wa22 .. before I have download some music files like flac.. so I put on my AK380.. but now I don’t buying music... only listen YouTube music... so do you think I buying other tabletop DAC is better or just keep mojo ?

Mar 18, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #644 of 2,694
I don’t have tell you..
for now I listen music only on YouTube..lol..
I used my computer to mojo And wa22..
but I have AK380 with xlr balance Dock to wa22 .. before I have download some music files like flac.. so I put on my AK380.. but now I don’t buying music... only listen YouTube music... so do you think I buying other tabletop DAC is better or just keep mojo ?
Just keep mojo, get a tidal at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Back