1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Woo Audio WA22 Amp Owner Unite

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by leftside, Nov 20, 2016.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. Badas

That's it. I'm grabbing a few pairs for my 596 tubes. I do love TSRP's.

Looks like a Sylvania 6F8G. I think. It should be good.

Edit: It says 6L6. I don't know if that can be used???

2. ghhf

The effect from Vibb Eaters is significant in my case, obviously darker background, intensive layering/ dimensional experience resulted in better imaging delivery, refer to quote below, not only absorbing vibrations but also magnetic field interference.

Quoted from:
    http://www.entreq.com/products/accessories-17667732

"‘Vibb eaters’.... for electronic equipment.

These have a special sand mixture which leans towards the optimisation of the magnetic characteristics. They still of course offer a greater stability to the chassis of the equipment as well as absorbing vibrations but the ‘Vibb eater’ also neutralises a part of the magnetic field from the electronic equipment. You will always have to experiment to find the optimal position for the ‘Vibb eater’ but we usually find the best place to start is closest to the power cable in-let or the products transformer."

3. Badas

Do you have any pics of them on your amp? I'm trying to get to grips with this whole concept.

I've never heard about them before.

4. ghhf

Some of my lab pics experimenting the combo WA22/ Vibb Eater and KK headphone.

Isn't it cute?
    210434gza6z7zspdjdjpvf.jpg

164326oyn5vl4qn8h4hrry.jpg

Badas likes this.
  5. Badas

Very cute.

6. ghhf

It is worth a try, the Vibb Eater can be used with various components (speaker, amp, power supply etc), the effect may vary with different placement position. I have a pairs of the cute, one is sitting on the WA22, another is hiding aside the AC power supply source.

7. abvolt
    I'd be just a little skeptical thinking a bag of sand could improve sq in any way, but that's just me..Enjoy

paulomario77 likes this.
  8. MIKELAP
    I totally agree                                                                                                                                                                        forum_bodybuilding.jpg

9. leftside
    I think it's about stopping vibrations and therefore noise rather than direct sound quality?

10. Badas

I think I will put a coaster and a beer on top to stop vibrations and see if that works. [​IMG]

image.jpg

This might work as well.

WA22-TEA3-DSC_6236.jpg

images.jpg

11. ghhf

I find it much more than just absorbing vibrations, get some chance for a try to gain and trust your own experience, that makes more sense than million of words from others.

Perhaps those love and sensitive to crystal may experience significant effect  [​IMG] 

204855onuwyzi9lkrtt2uk.jpg

204855gockgo0ltktg37to.jpg

12. ghhf

This will work too ..... [​IMG]

135939vzebe7ere017r0c6.jpg

135937tk2c16cdkda7gc0n.jpg

135937a1wb6ifs02wo1spi.jpg

13. leftside
    I've got some black base B65's on order, so will be interesting to compare to the metal base B65's.

14. DejanM
    Adding additional weight changes actually resonance frequency of the system: unit + underluying base. In some cases it can be very useful (in getting better sound quality) and in some cases it will not produce any audiable result. It all depends on the existing configuration.

15. jhljhl
    How they compare to ecc35? be interested to know thanks.

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last