1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Woo Audio WA22 Amp Owner Unite

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by leftside, Nov 20, 2016.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. leftside
    I use the LCD3. Try power tubes such as Tung Sol 5998 or 4 * 6BL7's. Also try a higher gain driver such as the ECC35. I get great results. 

2. leftside
    Perhaps my favorite tubes. Too rare and expensive to use though. They are now safely in storage and will be sold at a later date or plundered in case emergency funds are ever required.

3. leftside
    Maybe the Vibb Eaters Mini stops vibrations from the transformer? I had vibration problems with my WA22 when I first got it, but it's been fine since I upgraded the power cord and added a power filter. A tech I know mentioned that I could open up the top and fill the compartment with something like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-LBS-Glass-Bead-MIL-3-A-20-30-grit-Coarse-Media-Reborn-Doll-Abrasive-/121836693679

4. Badas

I've never had problems with using Glenn 6F8G adapters (I have 3 different sets) with TSRP 6C8G's and NU6F8G's. No hum or buzz at all.

The 596 buzzed when using with 6C8G's. Just too many wires. A damn shame as it sounded freakin amazing.

IMG_4017.jpg

I've never heard of a vibration from the transformer issue. Is it a hum sound? I do get that on occasion. Not often. Not enough to annoy.

Could you actually do what you said above?

5. Badas

I've never had problems with using Glenn 6F8G adapters (I have 3 different sets) with TSRP 6C8G's and NU6F8G's. No hum or buzz at all.

The 596 buzzed when using with 6C8G's. Just too many wires. A damn shame as it sounded freakin amazing.

IMG_4017.jpg

I've never heard of a vibration from the transformer issue. Is it a hum sound? I do get that on occasion. Not often. Not enough to annoy.

Could you actually do what you said above?

6. Badas
    s-l1600.jpg

I thought these were interesting. They are a RCA 6SL7. Perfectly usable as drivers. I was looking for 6SL7's to go with the 596 rectifier.

These have the same plates as the NU6FG (a sweet sounding tube). I think these plates were made by RCA as I see it in a few of their tubes. I suspect NU purchased plates from RCA and used in their 6F8G then got the reputation.

Probably a great sounding tube. Has anyone tried?

7. abvolt
    Very cool thread great to be part this one since I'm also a happy owner of a wa22..

WA222.jpg

leftside and Badas like this.
  8. MIKELAP
    Glad to join in the fun ,here's my setup at the moment                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      P1120571.jpg

leftside likes this.
  9. leftside
    No idea. I never tried.

10. leftside
    Rockin the ECC32's and TS 5998's! Where did you get the vibration bands from?

11. leftside
    I've got a pair of Mullard 6SL7's. They work great.

12. Badas
    596, GEC 6080 and is that TSRP's?

I bet that sounds great.

13. MIKELAP
    Tungsol 6SL7                                                                                                                                                                         TUNG-SOL6SL7GT.jpg

14. abvolt
    Dude I also have a pair of those very nice.. 

15. davehg
    Visiting Pearl Harbor memorial today, in the bowels of a WWII submarine, and I spy this in the Equipment locker:

IMG_0097.jpg

A closer inspection reveals this:

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

All I can think is: what would that sound like in the WA22?

Pharmaboy and greggf like this.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last