Woo Audio WA22 Amp Owner Unite
Nov 21, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #31 of 2,685
  Tungsol 6SL7                                                                                                                                                                        

That's it. I'm grabbing a few pairs for my 596 tubes. I do love TSRP's.
Visiting Pearl Harbor memorial today, in the bowels of a WWII submarine, and I spy this in the Equipment locker:

A closer inspection reveals this:

All I can think is: what would that sound like in the WA22?

Looks like a Sylvania 6F8G. I think. It should be good.

Edit: It says 6L6. I don't know if that can be used???

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #32 of 2,685
 Maybe the Vibb Eaters Mini stops vibrations from the transformer? I had vibration problems with my WA22 when I first got it, but it's been fine since I upgraded the power cord and added a power filter. A tech I know mentioned that I could open up the top and fill the compartment with something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-LBS-Glass-Bead-MIL-3-A-20-30-grit-Coarse-Media-Reborn-Doll-Abrasive-/121836693679

The effect from Vibb Eaters is significant in my case, obviously darker background, intensive layering/ dimensional experience resulted in better imaging delivery, refer to quote below, not only absorbing vibrations but also magnetic field interference.

Quoted from:
http://www.entreq.com/products/accessories-17667732

"‘Vibb eaters’.... for electronic equipment.

These have a special sand mixture which leans towards the optimisation of the magnetic characteristics. They still of course offer a greater stability to the chassis of the equipment as well as absorbing vibrations but the ‘Vibb eater’ also neutralises a part of the magnetic field from the electronic equipment. You will always have to experiment to find the optimal position for the ‘Vibb eater’ but we usually find the best place to start is closest to the power cable in-let or the products transformer."

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #33 of 2,685
 Maybe the Vibb Eaters Mini stops vibrations from the transformer? I had vibration problems with my WA22 when I first got it, but it's been fine since I upgraded the power cord and added a power filter. A tech I know mentioned that I could open up the top and fill the compartment with something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-LBS-Glass-Bead-MIL-3-A-20-30-grit-Coarse-Media-Reborn-Doll-Abrasive-/121836693679

The effect from Vibb Eaters is significant in my case, obviously darker background, intensive layering/ dimensional experience resulted in better imaging delivery, refer to quote below, not only absorbing vibrations but also magnetic field interference.

Quoted from:
http://www.entreq.com/products/accessories-17667732

"‘Vibb eaters’.... for electronic equipment.

These have a special sand mixture which leans towards the optimisation of the magnetic characteristics. They still of course offer a greater stability to the chassis of the equipment as well as absorbing vibrations but the ‘Vibb eater’ also neutralises a part of the magnetic field from the electronic equipment. You will always have to experiment to find the optimal position for the ‘Vibb eater’ but we usually find the best place to start is closest to the power cable in-let or the products transformer."

Do you have any pics of them on your amp? I'm trying to get to grips with this whole concept.

I've never heard about them before.

Nov 22, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #34 of 2,685
Do you have any pics of them on your amp? I'm trying to get to grips with this whole concept.

I've never heard about them before.

Some of my lab pics experimenting the combo WA22/ Vibb Eater and KK headphone.

Isn't it cute?

Nov 22, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #35 of 2,685
Nov 22, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #36 of 2,685
Very cute.

It is worth a try, the Vibb Eater can be used with various components (speaker, amp, power supply etc), the effect may vary with different placement position. I have a pairs of the cute, one is sitting on the WA22, another is hiding aside the AC power supply source.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #37 of 2,685
I'd be just a little skeptical thinking a bag of sand could improve sq in any way, but that's just me..Enjoy

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #38 of 2,685
  I'd be just a little skeptical thinking a bag of sand could improve sq in any way, but that's just me..Enjoy

I totally agree                                                                                                                                                                       

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #39 of 2,685
I think it's about stopping vibrations and therefore noise rather than direct sound quality?

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #40 of 2,685
  I think it's about stopping vibrations and therefore noise rather than direct sound quality?

I think I will put a coaster and a beer on top to stop vibrations and see if that works.
biggrin.gif

This might work as well.

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #41 of 2,685

I find it much more than just absorbing vibrations, get some chance for a try to gain and trust your own experience, that makes more sense than million of words from others.

Perhaps those love and sensitive to crystal may experience significant effect 
wink_face.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #44 of 2,685
Adding additional weight changes actually resonance frequency of the system: unit + underluying base. In some cases it can be very useful (in getting better sound quality) and in some cases it will not produce any audiable result. It all depends on the existing configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back