Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer
Apr 21, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #16 of 192
Understood. Makes sense. Now what about the regular linear power supplies, per @groovyd's suggestion? Any chance to return them for some credit or discount?

The PSU we included with each WA7 is a high-performance linear PS, ultra-quiet, custom-made power transformer, not a cheapo wall wart.  We think our customers would enjoy having both PSU because WA7tp (tube PSU) does sound different from WA7p (solid state PSU).   

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #17 of 192
How many are available ??
How is any confirmation made it ?
Edit:
I just sent payment. .

Orders placed today will receive an email confirmation tomorrow.  

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #18 of 192
any comments on the differences of PSU from original to tubes?
I have heard the difference but I like hear if anyone else has

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #19 of 192
any comments on the differences of PSU from original to tubes?
I have heard the difference but I like hear if anyone else has

smile.gif
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/715375/woo-audio-wa7tp-tube-power-supply-impressions-thread

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #20 of 192
The PSU we included with each WA7 is a high-performance, ultra-quiet power supply, not a cheapo wall wart.  We think our customers would enjoy having both PSU because WA7tp (tube PSU) does sound different from WA7p (solid state PSU).   
Ok, fair enough. But let's say I order a new WA7 and WA7tp. Will I get the solid state PSU AND the WA7tp with my order? Or just the tube PSU?

Apr 21, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #21 of 192
Orders placed today will receive an email confirmation tomorrow.  
thanks I had to drive all way home just for the serial number to place order haha
I forgot to state the payment was for the PSU, but I guess the serial number is enough..

Apr 21, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #23 of 192
**** UPDATE ****

We have "SOLD OUT" our first batch. THANK YOU for your fast response everyone. We truly appreciate your support.

**** subsequent orders will be filled on or around end of May **** Pricing will not change **** Only the ship date is affected ****

Apr 21, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #24 of 192
consider my second order same time and inline with my first...  had to run home to get my second serial number  
bigsmile_face.gif
  a noble effort like this shouldn't disqualify me for the first batch 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #25 of 192
  consider my second order same time and inline with my first...  had to run home to get my second serial number  
bigsmile_face.gif
  a noble effort like this shouldn't disqualify me for the first batch 
tongue_smile.gif

Lol 
biggrin.gif
  +1 and amen to that.  And Maxx134 as well, who also had to drive home just to get his serial number. 
smile.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #27 of 192
was asleep for work tonight. wasn't expecting groovyd to buy up all the first batch, he already bought up the world supply of EH tubes.

orders in, hope i did it right and get it earlier than expected.

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #28 of 192
early bird offer still doesn't make that much sense to me...from this standpoint. i should just buy a standard WA7 with the normal power supply. then order the WAtp separately after. that way, i get a $50 discount on the WAtp and i still get the regular power supply as well. why would i order the WA7/WA7tp together?

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #29 of 192
  early bird offer still doesn't make that much sense to me...from this standpoint. i should just buy a standard WA7 with the normal power supply. then order the WAtp separately after. that way, i get a $50 discount on the WAtp and i still get the regular power supply as well. why would i order the WA7/WA7tp together?

• $399 USD for new customers who purchase a WA7tp along with a new WA7 or WA7d.

• $349 USD for current WA7 owners (the S/N of your unit is required to receive this discount)

• $649 USD for each additional WA7tp that is not matched to a WA7/WA7d.

There may be a cutoff point for which S/N are eligible. I don't think you'll be able to buy a new WA7, wait until it arrives, register the WA7 S/N to get the WA7tp for $349. I believe you also receive the normal power supply with the WA7 more matter what. But hopefully the rep can answer your question.

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #30 of 192
There may be a cutoff point for which S/N are eligible. I don't think you'll be able to buy a new WA7, wait until it arrives, register the WA7 S/N to get the WA7tp for $349. I believe you also receive the normal power supply with the WA7 more matter what. But hopefully the rep can answer your question.

Yep. This is what's unclear to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back