Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread

post #1 of 466
Thread Starter 

Since it's about to  be launched, I thought I'd get an impressions thread started.  If you've heard the WA7TP - and especially if you've been able to A/B it vs the stock PSU - please post your impressions here.  :smile:

 

I'll prime the pump with some early impressions about the prototype I heard way back at CanJam 2013:

 

W. Chi:  The WA7's basic signature remained largely unchanged in terms of frequency response. However I was able to enjoy a very pleasant improvement in transparency, soundstage and separation with the new PSU. And while I can't recall my personal WA7 ever sounding congested, it was very clear that the new PSU revealed a new level of detail, depth and dynamics. I was impressed enough that I reserved the first production unit off the line.

post #2 of 466
I didnt expect there is still room for improvement to an already awsome
Eh+wa7.im gettin my hands on it..any news when they will release it?smily_headphones1.gif
post #3 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zniper2984 View Post

I didnt expect there is still room for improvement to an already awsome
Eh+wa7.im gettin my hands on it..any news when they will release it?smily_headphones1.gif

 

Not exactly sure, but I'm pretty sure it will officially be available within the next few weeks.  From my perspective, it's already been way too long a wait.  :D

post #4 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by zniper2984 View Post

I didnt expect there is still room for improvement to an already awsome
Eh+wa7.im gettin my hands on it..any news when they will release it?smily_headphones1.gif
Yes it's an improvement especially when you roll the tubes
post #5 of 466
I don
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

Yes it's an improvement especially when you roll the tubes
i dont have much experience on tube rolling i will try it sometime.can i ask your suggestion on tubes thats i should consider looking on.smily_headphones1.gif
post #6 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 

From my perspective, it's already been way too long a wait.  :D

Indeed. It's almost like they have other products and projects to work on (curse those WA234 monoblocks that mere mortals, such as myself, are not worthy to touch!).

post #7 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelT View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

From my perspective, it's already been way too long a wait.  :D

 

Indeed. It's almost like they have other products and projects to work on (curse those WA234 monoblocks that mere mortals, such as myself, are not worthy to touch!).

 

Hehe, actually the WA234 was already done by the time I heard the PSU prototype... so that's no excuse!  :p

post #8 of 466

Blast! But weren't they still working on the special website? (trying to cut them some slack here...not working) :wink: 

 

Anyhow...back to the WA7tp.


Edited by JoelT - 4/20/14 at 8:02pm
post #9 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelT View Post
 

Blast! But weren't they still working on the special website? (trying to cut them some slack here...not working) :wink: 

 

I like the website, it's nice.  It doesn't make my WA7 sound better, but nice nonetheless.  :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelT View Post

 

Anyhow...back to the WA7tp.

 

Yes!  T-minus 4 days...

post #10 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

I like the website, it's nice.  It doesn't make my WA7 sound better, but nice nonetheless.  biggrin.gif


Yes!  T-minus 4 days...
I hope their stock is enough for all of us..smily_headphones1.gif
post #11 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by zniper2984 View Post

I don
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

Yes it's an improvement especially when you roll the tubes
i dont have much experience on tube rolling i will try it sometime.can i ask your suggestion on tubes thats i should consider looking on.smily_headphones1.gif
PSU uses 12AUs so any direct replacement should work , 5814A i know work for sure because i had a chance to try Jan Sylvania ones and they improved bass depth and extension
post #12 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

PSU uses 12AUs so any direct replacement should work , 5814A i know work for sure because i had a chance to try Jan Sylvania ones and they improved bass depth and extension
wow!il check on those jan sylvania.thanks.smily_headphones1.gif
post #13 of 466
But first i need to get my hands on those psu.smily_headphones1.gif
post #14 of 466
Thread Starter 

Looks like today's the day...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

We are getting the details finalized and will have full pricing and availability on 4/21.

 

post #15 of 466
Thread Starter 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread