Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer
May 15, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #151 of 192

Why is the new owner not buying the WA7tp?

You mean, why is the new owner not buying the WA7tp off ME as well?

Right, yup.  Sorry, I should have mentioned that. 
redface.gif

Originally Posted by CongeeBear /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, it's all hypothetical -- but I can envision a situation where they're not being sold together.

For example, if I buy the WA7d, with the optical input, I'd probably sell the original WA7 to make room. But I'd still be keeping the WA7tp for myself. So if the new owner of my WA7 wants a tubed PS, can he/she use that serial number again to get the WA7tp for $349? From Woo's perspective, would they not have sold TWO discounted tp's for the same SN?

I suppose it's a question of the limits and transferability of the early-bird offer. 

Yup... although... I think the easiest way for everyone involved is to simply have the serial number changed in the books.  So if you do buy the WA7d, your power supply SN is now attached to that unit's SN.  As for the early bird offer... well... I don't imagine it will last forever anyway.

BTW, the WA7d is pretty good via optical.  Even running out of a my AK240 via optical, it's noticeably smoother and has greater finesse, with negligible smoothing of detail.  You're probably going to want to trade up if you can find a buyer for the WA7.  I'm certainly tempted, even though I've got my WA7 burned in just where I want it.

May 17, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #152 of 192
Anyone know how long that $349 early bird offer for current WA7 owners will last?

May 22, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #154 of 192
40$ for a power cord. Wow. really?!

May 22, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #155 of 192

+1 - Expected it to come with the device to be honest.  $15 alone max, shipping included. The beauty of custom design bites deep. Definitely opens up an after-market though for something nicer though if anyone is willing to go for it.  I am thinking right angle connectors and 6 'silver-infused ultra-plex silk-braided cable just long enough to give the two units a 1" space between.

May 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #157 of 192
Quote:

Indeed. Welcome to the world of hi-fi! 
wink.gif

Quote:
  So the original power supply to amp cord won't work to interconnect the tube power supply to the amp?

The original cord works perfectly. It's just much longer than what's ideal if the WA7/WA7tp are placed next to one another.

May 24, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #161 of 192

Indeed. Welcome to the world of hi-fi! 
wink.gif

The original cord works perfectly. It's just much longer than what's ideal if the WA7/WA7tp are placed next to one another.

Sounds like snake oil to me. Welcome to the world of hi-fi :wink:

May 27, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #163 of 192
UPDATE:

Early-bird offer is coming to an end on May 31, 2014. Those who have purchased a WA7 Fireflies prior to 4/21/2014 will remain to have the opportunity to purchase WA7tp (tube power supply) at $349 $399 at anytime as long as the serial number to your WA7 have not been used. Those who purchased a WA7 or WA7d Fireflies after 4/21/2014 can purchase the WA7tp (tube power supply) at $399 until 5/31/2014 (early-bird offer). Starting June 1st, all single unit orders of WA7tp (tube power supply) will be $649 + shipping.
If you are considering a WA7 or WA7d, we urge you to order the WA7tp (tube power supply) together as a combo to save money. Below are the combo pricing.
- WA7 + WA7tp = $1398
- WA7d + WA7tp = $1598

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #165 of 192
Any estimate on the shipping of the second wave WA7tp?   I think I read somewhere that they would be shipping at the end of May or early June.  I paid before April 22, 2014 and have not yet received any shipping notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back