Woo Audio 22 vs DNA Stratus vs Cavalli Liquid Fire
May 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #16 of 25
no idea, though it should be near the same level. its not a very popular amp for some reason, theres the thread for it in the high end forum, seems like other people are wondering how it compares to the stratus, not many people have heard them both.

I wonder why is that.

May 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #17 of 25
I absolutely loved the HD800 + Stratus. Favorite headphone combo I've ever heard. Have heard a SR-009.

May 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:
I wonder why is that.

not produced in large numbers, expensive, mostly only heard in meets and even rarer seen together at the same meet or compared to side by side.

most people end up getting super 7 or zana deux when it comes to eddie current. the balancing act isn't very common either due to the high price tag. i feel like the 2A3 gets overlooked.

May 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #19 of 25
I have listened to so many amps for the hd800. And it's all about perspective of what does it for you. Yes some amps just do not do well with the hd800 and those are the majority , but it is still about your choice. You can read all you wish but you do need to listen yourself on music you know . If you cannot I understand but then you are buying Soly on reviews . And they are at the very least subject to conjecture.

And the DAC is important too , although people here will say if its good its just a pass through, I say bull. I have an denon rec about 6 years old top stuff at the time and it sounds great with the hd800 . But the newer stuff I own adds so much more detail with out really changing the sound signature . They are analytical first and foremost , so they will be bright . If you want them to be dark , get a different headphone.

Good luck , I do like the WA22 stock tubes and woo,s DAC as well. But that's my opinion LOL.

AL D

May 6, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #20 of 25
not produced in large numbers, expensive, mostly only heard in meets and even rarer seen together at the same meet or compared to side by side.

most people end up getting super 7 or zana deux when it comes to eddie current. the balancing act isn't very common either due to the high price tag. i feel like the 2A3 gets overlooked.

This is off topic, do you know why I can post in classifieds?

May 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #21 of 25
I have listened to so many amps for the hd800. And it's all about perspective of what does it for you. Yes some amps just do not do well with the hd800 and those are the majority , but it is still about your choice. You can read all you wish but you do need to listen yourself on music you know . If you cannot I understand but then you are buying Soly on reviews . And they are at the very least subject to conjecture.

And the DAC is important too , although people here will say if its good its just a pass through, I say bull. I have an denon rec about 6 years old top stuff at the time and it sounds great with the hd800 . But the newer stuff I own adds so much more detail with out really changing the sound signature . They are analytical first and foremost , so they will be bright . If you want them to be dark , get a different headphone.

Good luck , I do like the WA22 stock tubes and woo,s DAC as well. But that's my opinion LOL.

AL D

Alright, I know the best case scenario would be if I got I hear all those amps but it seems that there is no one is my area who in interested in a meet up or has the gear posted here.

May 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #22 of 25
you need to have a certain number of posts as well as time on the forums. (i believe its 50 posts and a month or something like that)

May 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #23 of 25
you need to have a certain number of posts as well as time on the forums. (i believe its 50 posts and a month or something like that)

Oh alright, I thought it was 15 posts.

May 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #24 of 25
Since I can't post in for sale thread still, I have no idea why I have more than 50 posts and I've been here for more than a month. I'd like to ask here if anyone here would like to sell their woo audio 22, dna stratus amp and liquid glass amp.

Pm me if you have any of these amps. I'm very interested in dna stratus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back