Women.
Apr 22, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #46 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL I was tempted to repost the Altec Lansing phones here when I saw this thread. If your sweety likes bling these should do the trick, my wife oohed and ahhed them when I showed her. Now as for sound quality? That I can't say
atsmile.gif

Liar. We know you wear them all the time.
tongue.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #47 of 110
just buy her a better purse, misc accessories, clothings, or just let her choose the things you would not buy

headphones? i don't think my better half know anything about how much i have spent and possibly "advice" of possiblility of selling it...

to be honest though, she is not too materialistic besides being material about the intrinsic value of it; beauty(to the eye of beholders, albeit very minority) of an accountant...

-_-'

Apr 22, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #48 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Liar. We know you wear them all the time.
tongue.gif

But they match my boots and purse
atsmile.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #49 of 110
tstarn06;5626959 said:
And you are very good at your job, if I may make a shameless compliment based on sig photo. QUOTE]

very slick
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #50 of 110
It's hard cause I want to get something for my two friends, both of whom are very stylish and don't pay much attention to sound quality (one rarely even listens to her iPod at all). Yet, I want them to understand how wonderful really great earphones can be!

Ugh... I could easily get them great IEMs that look terrible, or mediocre earbuds that look great, and they'd swing for the mediocre buds, I know it. But I don't want to buy them garbage -- it goes against everything I've learned at Head-Fi! There's the crux of my problem.

How much would you guys spend, if you were in my shoes?

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #52 of 110
I'm also looking to spend around $50-60 to get my GF some decent IEMs. She's currently listening on iBuds. She will mostly listen sitting in an office, but will also take them running and on the subway. Is the Nuforce NE-7M my best choice?

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #53 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's hard cause I want to get something for my two friends, both of whom are very stylish and don't pay much attention to sound quality (one rarely even listens to her iPod at all). Yet, I want them to understand how wonderful really great earphones can be!

Ugh... I could easily get them great IEMs that look terrible, or mediocre earbuds that look great, and they'd swing for the mediocre buds, I know it. But I don't want to buy them garbage -- it goes against everything I've learned at Head-Fi! There's the crux of my problem.

Westone UM1 gogogo!

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #54 of 110
Actually the Altec Lansing phones that have been shown look very pretty and I imagine may not sound like complete garbage based on some of their other offerings. They would probably sound better than the cheapy buds that come with IPods and most other MP3 players.

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #55 of 110
Whatever blows my skirt up, I buy...... Hepkitty style....

Apr 23, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #56 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ah, so thats your situation.

when i first bought my first audiophile grade headphones (portapros) my cousins said they look hideous, but i let them try it on, amazingly they new the difference between that and the stock ipod buds.

today, when i go out with relatives, with my cuzs, she doesnt mind the design as long as it sounds great. especially my girl cousins who are fashion concious, they hate the design but love the sound so she borrows it from me.

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #57 of 110
What!?
Woman, they dont need headphones, they need pots, pans and ingredients,
In the kitchen and thats where they belong to. Period

Lolx jus kidding, spare me the flaming please. =D

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #58 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by legend24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What!?
Woman, they dont need headphones, they need pots, pans and ingredients,
In the kitchen and thats where they belong to. Period

Lolx jus kidding, spare me the flaming please. =D