Women.
Apr 21, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 110
I don't know, find out what music they listen to? Where they will be using them?

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #3 of 110
easy.

buy skullies then mod them with drivers from decent headphones

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #4 of 110
Find out their sound sig? And if they don't care about SQ, then tell them you can only be friends now.
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #8 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Find out their sound sig? And if they don't care about SQ, then tell them you can only be friends now.
wink.gif

I like that, you are a funny guy
beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #9 of 110
I must say, this thread is pretty funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by z50j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
easy.

buy skullies then mod them with drivers from decent headphones

Interesting idea, but most girls probably won't like the skull icons... =P

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

This is definitely the funniest thing I've seen on head-fi in a while...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Give them the iGrado. Very low chance of headphone hair, the price is fair and they sound wonderful.

Not sure about iGrado, but headphone hair should definitely be of concern.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what can you afford?

Now times that by 2!

If this is actually true for your girlfriend, perhaps it's time to reevaluate your relationship.

But now for some real advice. In my opinion, most girls, including me, care about the following in decending order: looks, comfort, fit, microphonics, sound quality.

So unless you know that a girl is very picky in terms of sound quality, I'd definitely consider the other factors first, because almost any earphone we talk about on head-fi will be a huge improvement over standard iBuds and etc. IEMs are definitely considering because most girls (and guys) don't want to wear full-size cans on the street and if they only have 1 pair of nice headphones, it should be one that they can enjoy at home and on the go.

Now I realize that any headphone with decent sound quality and superb comfort, looks, fit, and microphonics will probably be quite a bit more expensive than a similar sounding one that sacrifices in one or more of these areas, but imho, the extra money is definitely well spent. For example, you don't want to pay $75 for a nice IEM only to find that she doesn't like to use it because it has serious microphonics when jogging or something.

It seems that the Westone series are extremely well regarded by girls (in terms of overall satisfaction).

Hope this helps. Be glad to help more if you have other questions
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #10 of 110
I just got ADDIEMs, which are white, and my wife already inquired about making them hers. She could care less about all the other headphones I have ever owned.

She has listened and can hear the differences, but her choice it seems is primarily based on color!

Apr 21, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #11 of 110
Unfortunately for me the depth of my hobby is not appreciated by my other half, she is more than happy with 128kbps tracks through stock buds & some freebie 1gb MP3 player. It's not often we relax and listen to our respective rigs at the same time (mine being ipod lossless tracks through ibasso P3 & IE8's) but when we do, she wonders why I'm looking at her and smiling so widely
biggrin.gif
''because you look beautiful dear''......... but missing soooooo much hehe.

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #12 of 110
@Guarneri: i was refering to lowrider, hesh or the t.i. because they're comfier, skullier and esier to od because of the size

Apr 21, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #14 of 110
Color and other aspects of appearance is the only necessary consideration. Make sure they match her I-Pod and you are golden! I'm serious. Anything w/ acceptable sound will do provided it looks right to them.

Apr 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #15 of 110
I always buy the Marshmallows for girls as gifts. Hasn't failed me yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back