Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Oct 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #872 of 947
Quote:

Been a while since I used any free ones...

I had used WinAmp a while back and that was reasonable, Mortplayer and Double Twist are both free also and well liked too.

Quote:

umm either stock or winamp.altho poweramp is a good investment

What's the difference between Winamp and Winamp Pro?

Oct 26, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #875 of 947
I got my phone's mainboard replaced, so - it is back in the land of the living now...

I still maintain as per an earlier post that the Note 2 sounds better than the S3 though (using stock player or poweramp)...

...Will keep the now working S3 as a backup handset only :)

Oct 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #876 of 947
I got my phone's mainboard replaced, so - it is back in the land of the living now...

I still maintain as per an earlier post that the Note 2 sounds better than the S3 though (using stock player or poweramp)...

I think all of us who have had the chance to use both agree with that.

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #878 of 947
Quote:
anyone else given up on voodoo sound?

I don't think people have given up on it as such, just stopped waiting for it and turned to other solutions. Siyah kernels tweaks sound good, and some have just gone that route, others amongst us have just shifted audio handling off to a USB DAC/amp and gone that route.

Will still be interested to try Voodoo Sound whenever it finally arrives...

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #879 of 947
I think ill just get the external dac. Its likely to be better than voodoo sound. And ill install voodoo sounnd for when i dont feel like toting sround the otg cables. But damn its taking forever lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #880 of 947
I use Meridian.  It's not great, but it works for me.  I started using it when it was the only free player that supported FLAC way back on Froyo.

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #881 of 947
K...the pico is back up for sale. Freakin' USPS losing packages. I hate that. Anyway, the pico is at least compatible with all the US versions right? Do we know anything about driver-based usb? I'd love to have a table at head-fi meets built around a jelly bean tablet/Galaxy S3, but the BiFrost requires driver installation...

Kojaku

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #885 of 947

Do you think that the difference in sound quality is because of the hardware or software. And have you tried the siyah kernel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back