With Both Good Looks and Strengths, FiiO FH5s, 2BA 2DD IEMs, Is Officially Released!
May 6, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #91 of 104
My own take on the FH5S after some hours.
1. This iem is for people who prefers a reference sound (non V-shaped). The bass is not elevated, nor the treble is tilted up like the FD5. This allows the mids to shine. It’s funny when I first audition it, right after hearing a pair of FD5, they sounded like meh, kind of flat. But now the sound grow on me, it’s much more balanced and accurate than the FD5. It’s like Klipsch speakers vs Dynaudio speakers.
2. The sound is not energetic like Andromeda 2020 or Fir Audio M5. I would attribute that to the huge soundstage, where everything is more spread out. There’s much more breathing room than both of these IEMs. With desktop amps they sound like listening to full-size headphones. For sit back and listening to my music, mostly instrumental, live recordings, I prefer this than the 10x more expensive Fir Audio M5. I could listen to these for hours. I think semi-open design is the future. For bass heads and headbangers, look elsewhere.
3. The IEM is on the big side, with a loose tip, it could fall out.

May 7, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #92 of 104
The FH5s has 3 sound tuning switches, it is welcomed to use it in your local store to get your own feeling. For the sound , different people has different feeling.Or we can wait for more reviewers's feeling!

Best regards
We need some USA reviews! I have the FD5 (love it), but can't seem to find a USA vendor yet. Let's go! :)

May 7, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #94 of 104
The FH3 has a BA high frequency driver on its nozzle and it sounds quite good. Not flagship level but the iem is not priced that way. Maybe the BA driver choice doesn't suit well with BGGAR's taste? I can't say as I'm not a follower of his channel.
I had a FH3. First 3 hours or so I had high treble sibilince but after that it went away and blended nicely in. I don't really believe in burn in phases like 100 hours...but this constellation seems to be a special case. And it's not a mental thing either , because i threw them in a corner for a week, disappointed, and tried them again after a week and the sibilince was gone...
Compared them to my other IEMs, couldn't spot any treble quality difference even to higher tier ones with 3 separated sound tubes to each driver ( like the ones with the 3 holes out of the nozzle).

Besides aren't there some higher end iems with BAs in or close to the nozzle like the darling , praising this fact as a new positive feature?

May 7, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #95 of 104
May 7, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #96 of 104
Great to see reviews of the FH5s, nice pics... I guess in terms of fit I should be fine with my big ears and canals, wonder if the fit issues doesn't impact your experience on the SQ. Still going to take the chance on those, can't believe after EM5 and FD5 that FH5s are that off...

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #97 of 104
Great to see reviews of the FH5s, nice pics... I guess in terms of fit I should be fine with my big ears and canals, wonder if the fit issues doesn't impact your experience on the SQ. Still going to take the chance on those, can't believe after EM5 and FD5 that FH5s are off...
I do get a seal, its just a bit awkward to get it sealed but once its in its fine.

The size isnt a problem for me at all though. It is bigger than the FH3 though and that one fits great for me.

May 23, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #98 of 104
We need some USA reviews! I have the FD5 (love it), but can't seem to find a USA vendor yet. Let's go! :)
ERICP , Not seen you around here in a long time, glad to see you are still hanging around :)
I just got a set of these FH5s today, not had a chance to listen to them yet though,maybe tonight or tomorrow I'll get some listening in.
I also have the FD5 which is a fantastic Iem in its own way.

May 23, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #99 of 104
DSC08138.JPG
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-fh5s.25105/reviews#review-25926 Speaking of. Posted my take on em.

May 23, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #100 of 104
ERICP , Not seen you around here in a long time, glad to see you are still hanging around :)
I just got a set of these FH5s today, not had a chance to listen to them yet though,maybe tonight or tomorrow I'll get some listening in.
I also have the FD5 which is a fantastic Iem in its own way.
Hello, Lucozade 1,

Good to see you too. Yes, I haven't been able to be on as much I would like to, but I still check in from time to time to see what the Head-fi family has been up to. And I keep up with some of the old-time members (not that we are actually old ... lol) who keep me informed. This is how I discovered the wonderful 3D-T and Fiio FD5. Then I discovered the Dunu EST 112 on my own. You will see me darting in and out as I have time to put down some more thoughts on the new audio products and technology I've heard. Enjoy and Happy Listening!

Aug 14, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #103 of 104
@FiiO I know this is a decently old model in your line up but as someone that recently bought it I would like to know what insanity lead to the stock treble switch in off soft clip and cause phase distiortion in the BA and that the on position makes it sound ok. Its nearly lead me to return the iem untill I flipped the switch up and use Final E tips to tame treble.

That being said as my portable Bass Cannon I have no regrets getting it.

Aug 16, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #104 of 104
@FiiO I know this is a decently old model in your line up but as someone that recently bought it I would like to know what insanity lead to the stock treble switch in off soft clip and cause phase distiortion in the BA and that the on position makes it sound ok. Its nearly lead me to return the iem untill I flipped the switch up and use Final E tips to tame treble.

That being said as my portable Bass Cannon I have no regrets getting it.
Dear friend,

Thanks for the kind feedback. When all the switches are turned off, there will be default sound tuning. And we will also report your preference to the product mananger for reference.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back