Winter Deal: HM-601 Player and RE-Zero Combo $259
Jan 5, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #136 of 152
That makes sense here in Norway 20$ goes right trough the costums but not 30$ so this is just sloppyness from Headdirect imo.

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, i guess it`s a hit or miss then. @ latent, what was your package marked with?

with C.O.D. I did not know what this is. I googled it and it says Cash On Delivery, but it does not make sense at all. Either way the guy told me straight away to pay for the package in order to receive it, so obviously I did that. I mean, it's not the first time I have to pay for stuff like this, but then usually it comes from America and not from China (never had it when I ordered stuff from China).

These are two out of three papers I received (the other one is about the li-on battery I believe). 

It says that the price of the MP3 player is $30. 

Niet belastbaar = Not taxable 
Sales Tax = 13.11 EUR
Voorschot provisie = Advance fee (translated directly from English to Dutch) =10 EUR
Totale kosten = Total costs

Not taxable vs the rest does not make sense at all but obviously I did not see it before I got the package, so no chance to ask the delivery person. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #138 of 152
Jan 7, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #139 of 152

Sent them my phone number at the 15th, package arrived at the 22th.
Already said this in a prior post of mine, guess you just missed it.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
@Latent how long did yours take from ordering to recieving?

By the way, Head-Direct got back to me.

''The cost to ship a defective product back to us for repair or replacement is the responsibility of the consumer.''

Like what the screw, as if I am responsible for them sending faulty products?

''If you are international customer, When returning your product, please mark all broken
electronics as item name, and mark the value as $5.''
ph34r.gif

I have now sent an e-mail back asking what will happen with the 30 days of refund if I sent the adaptor back (and wait for a new one) to come. I am seriously considering just to sent the MP3 player and the in-ears back because I think their customer service is appalling.
Sending the item back and putting a value of  $200 also came to mind, but I'm not evil so I will not do that.

Jan 7, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #140 of 152
Do somebody know of you if i buy the 601 now, if still get the Re Zero as a gift. http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=98

The page says, that it is a Winter Deal: Free RE-ZERO Earphones (Nov 15 to Dec 31, 2010)...

but we already have 2011... I would buy it, but only with this offer :)

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #141 of 152
Yeah thats sound`s not good at all. did you get any mail about giving them your phonenumber Pavel?

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
What are the time from ordering to recieving this unit, can it still be on its way? When did you order?

Quote:
Be careful, can not send a player, I never received, now trying to return the money.

24/11/2010

I am reading to fast i guess
blink.gif
sorry man. Thats horrible maybe its cheaper to just ask them how much they want for a new charger. I`m definily not buying a hifiman now that i hear all the problems you guise have i`ll guess i will look for some  fiio products instead.

Quote:
Sent them my phone number at the 15th, package arrived at the 22th.
Already said this in a prior post of mine, guess you just missed it.
wink_face.gif

Quote:

By the way, Head-Direct got back to me.

''The cost to ship a defective product back to us for repair or replacement is the responsibility of the consumer.''

Like what the screw, as if I am responsible for them sending faulty products?

''If you are international customer, When returning your product, please mark all broken
electronics as item name, and mark the value as $5.''
ph34r.gif

I have now sent an e-mail back asking what will happen with the 30 days of refund if I sent the adaptor back (and wait for a new one) to come. I am seriously considering just to sent the MP3 player and the in-ears back because I think their customer service is appalling.
Sending the item back and putting a value of  $200 also came to mind, but I'm not evil so I will not do that.

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #142 of 152
I e-mailed Head-Direct again about my faulty charger and asked why I have to pay for the shipping costs myself. This was also my first e-mail to them showing my disapproval of
their customer service (e-mail). They already have responded, apoligizing about the faulty product and that the ''President'' will look into my situation. My opinion is that Head-Direct's customer service is friendly but that they are just not reading their e-mails properly. I have said before that my charger didn't work anymore, having passed away after 1 succesfull charge. The reaction in their last e-mail leads me to think they are reading this for the first time... When I sent them my e-mails they also did not always answer all of my questions, this requiring another e-mail to be sent out. Anyway, the good thing is that the amount of ''refund days'' will not be negatively affected by this issue. 

By the way, I posted this in the HM 601 review thread but I didn't get a reply on it yet. As I don't know if all HM 601 owners are checking out both threads I will also ask my question here:

''I get noise when I put it on and plug in the headphones. But if it's in, it's over. I don't have this with my iPod Touch.
Moreover, when the battery of the HM601 is almost empty it makes such a agonizing noise. Is this normal?''

I can live with the first, and possibly with the second (but I'd rather not). Do any other HM 601 owners experience (this) noise when the battery is almost empty? 

Jan 9, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #143 of 152
DO NOT buy from this company.

They are a TOTAL scam.

I purchased this deal 2 hours ago and then contacted them to cancel it (2 hours later).

They told me absolutely not and that they need the "president" to do it. I asked kindly to email the "president" and got no response. She was rude, not helpful and acted childish.

Are you kidding me!

IF I don't get a refund issued in the 48 hours I will file fraud with my credit card company.

Jan 9, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #144 of 152

Quote:

They are a TOTAL scam.

I purchased this deal 2 hours ago and then contacted them to cancel it (2 hours later).

They told me absolutely not and that they need the "president" to do it. I asked kindly to email the "president" and got no response. She was rude, not helpful and acted childish.

Are you kidding me!

IF I don't get a refund issued in the 48 hours I will file fraud with my credit card company.

Careful, I think some of you aren't taking English as a first language into consideration.  This isn't the only company that has this issue being 'lost in translation'.  Your post about them being a 'SCAM' is both offensive and innaccurate.  Posting slander about a company after only giving them a few hours to handle your problem in another continent?  Are you serious?  If this experience is so offensive I could give you a laundry list of companies on HeadFi to avoid that make solid products and don't actually 'SCAM' as you call it.  Plus the lady you speak of is probably the President's wife, they are a small outfit.

Jan 9, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #145 of 152
Excuse me, but she was extremely rude and not helpful.

How can she not have access to refunding me my payment if she answers for support?

She was not willing to help and obviously didn't want to issue me a refund.

I'm pretty sure what she was not lost in translation as it made perfect sense to me.

Quote:
Quote:

They are a TOTAL scam.

Are you kidding me!

Careful, I think some of you aren't taking English as a first language into consideration.  This isn't the only company that has this issue being 'lost in translation'.  Your post about them being a 'SCAM' is both offensive and innaccurate.  Posting slander about a company after only giving them a few hours to handle your problem in another continent?  Are you serious?  If this experience is so offensive I could give you a laundry list of companies on HeadFi to avoid that make solid products and don't actually 'SCAM' as you call it.  Plus the lady you speak of is probably the President's wife, they are a small outfit.

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #147 of 152
i have a good buying experince with the company, excellent products ! and will buy their excellent headphone too....

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #148 of 152
Head-Direct has had (in their possession) my HM-601 for 20 days and I have yet to receive any tracking # from them for the replacement...
frown.gif

I'm starting to go from
frown.gif
to
angry_face.gif
quite rapidly.

Quote:
BNHabs said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Excuse me, but she was extremely rude and not helpful.

How can she not have access to refunding me my payment if she answers for support?

She was not willing to help and obviously didn't want to issue me a refund.

I'm pretty sure what she was not lost in translation as it made perfect sense to me.

Quote:
Anaxilus said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
BNHabs said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are a TOTAL scam.

Are you kidding me!

I have used head-direct many times and let me tell you that she has never been rude to me even when asking for a replacement for a single stuck pixel and a few miniscule pieces of lint under the screen. Also they are not a scam and you need to give them more time...

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #149 of 152
YES, my replacement HM-601 is getting shipped back to me tomorrow.
bigsmile_face.gif

I hope my HE-6 ships tomorrow too.

Jan 16, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #150 of 152
Fang said to be willing to send me a new charger and that I didn't have to return the one that doesn't work, so that's great news. I also asked him two questions and he answered them.

1. is it normal that you hear it when you connect Earsonics SM3 to the HM 601
Answer: yes, ''because the IEM's efficiency is high''

2. is it normal that your HM 601 ''screams'' just before the battery runs out of juice?
Answer: yes, ''we tried our best to have longer battery time, but the last 5 min it will screaming''

Maybe some people had the same question(s), then you now know the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back