Winter Deal: HM-601 Player and RE-Zero Combo $259
Dec 13, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #106 of 152
There is a line out and headphone out, and you have to use the adapter for the RE-Zero to work with the 601. 

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #107 of 152
If I am not mistaken you will have to use the included adapter that comes with the RE-Zero's with the output on the HM-601. Can someone please confirm (still waiting on mine to arrive)

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #108 of 152

Quote:
If I am not mistaken you will have to use the included adapter that comes with the RE-Zero's with the output on the HM-601. Can someone please confirm (still waiting on mine to arrive)

I can confirm that you have to use the adapter with the HM-602, and the internals of both the players are more or less the same except the USB DAC part, so I think so.

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #109 of 152
Just received my HM-601 and Re-Zero. The RE-Zeros  that came with my the HM-601, ARE NOT BALANCED. Thus they do not need the adapter plug to work with HM-601. They are labeled "RE-ZERO" and not RE-0, i suppose these are a special batch for the HM-601? Can anyone confirm this?

Still, looks and probably sounds great. Imho a good deal anyway. Just thought that ill post this as there have been questions about the use of an adapter, and i found no mention of this either before i got my product.

//Edit//
Btw, Just noticed that head-direct.com mentions in the HM-601 sale page that the RE-Zeros need the TRRS adapter if used with an output that is not balanced. It does not say if the HM-601 would need it, and it feels like the bundled RE-Zeros  should be balanced and come with the adapter. Weird i say.

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #110 of 152
Somebody needs to clarify what the deal is w/ the REZero here.  If it is not balanced one could make a case for false advertising.  A balanced plug needs three rings on it correct?

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #111 of 152
I think they are slowly moving the RE-Zero from balanced to a normal TRS jack. The RE-Zero I got in this deal was balanced however there have been some who have gotten a 45 degree angle plug that is TRS. My guess is that enough people complained about the balanced and that they are slowly switching it or have already switched it to TRS

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #113 of 152
I also decided to go for this deal (although I don't like the lack of gapless).  I own the Earsonics SM3 and read that this isn't the best match for this player (but still sounds great). I also have more than one headphone so..  I'll guess I have to wait and listen. I have high hopes for it sounding better than my iPod Touch.

I will probably sell the RE-Zero or give them to a friend. The SD card I bought is SanDisk SDHC Ultra 32GB Class 4 from Amazon.de, 5+ EUR cheaper than the cheapest webshop I could find in Holland.

Does anyone happen to know how long it takes to ship from China to EU (I read 3 days somewhere but I guess that was for USA shipping time?).

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #114 of 152
I'm not sure how they ship it from China. They may ship it EMS but if you didn't get an email probably 24-48 hrs within your purchase I'd say it won't be 3 days. From the US it ships from New York using 2-3 day shipping. Also if you sell the RE-Zero you can make the costs to be quite the bargain considering the sound or if you just don't like it you can get your money back.

I consider the HM601 the best sounding player I've heard and I keep using it even though there are some faults such as UI, you can only play one folder at a time, gapless and battery life. The sound trumps by J3 which has all those other things I want but doesn't sound as good.

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #115 of 152

Quote:

I consider the HM601 the best sounding player I've heard and I keep using it even though there are some faults such as UI, you can only play one folder at a time, gapless and battery life. The sound trumps by J3 which has all those other things I want but doesn't sound as good.

Agreed.  Sure there are all these quirks and niggles people moan about and the perceived 'Chinese' build factor for some.  Bottom line, despite the faults, it is the best sounding DAP I've heard so far. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #116 of 152
I bought the combo on saturday night and haven't gotten a shipping confirmation, do they send one?  Though i did get an email saying that they need my phone number for shipping but nothing after that. I guess time doesn't matter too too much since its for me and not for a christmas present but i sure am excited to get it.

Dec 17, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #117 of 152
:frowning2: Mine came with a bright green stuck pixel on the screen and 3 small pieces of lint under the glass of the screen are. Anyone else have this problem? I'm in the process of getting a replacement.

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #118 of 152
forgive my stupid question because I'm still a noob and I have no exp with any DAP
is it worth to get a HM-601 compare to a clip+
I want to buy a music player for a long time and don't plan to change it each year :D
and if I buy it and sell the re-zero without using it how much I could get because I hate in-ears and want to get a portable headphone
please answer me quickly the deadline is coming and I don't know if it is still a good deal any more :-s

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #120 of 152

Does this one have a battery that can be replaced or is it just another purchase that will useless after a couple of years as the battery fails?

It does not have a removable battery, it is probably worth asking fang whether they can replace the battery when it fails

Users who are viewing this thread

Back