Winter Deal: HM-601 Player and RE-Zero Combo $259
Dec 21, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #121 of 152
Got an e-mail yesterday that the package has been shipped, UPS Express being the shipping method. Will let you know how long it will take to arrive (as this has been one of my questions in this thread). I e-mailed my mobile phone number at 15 December 2010 so I'll set that as the ''purchase date''.

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #122 of 152

Quote:
forgive my stupid question because I'm still a noob and I have no exp with any DAP
is it worth to get a HM-601 compare to a clip+
I want to buy a music player for a long time and don't plan to change it each year :D
and if I buy it and sell the re-zero without using it how much I could get because I hate in-ears and want to get a portable headphone
please answer me quickly the deadline is coming and I don't know if it is still a good deal any more :-s

from what I listen while HM-602 driving Senn HD800... I think HM-601 would outclass Clip+...
I never hear Clip+. But I used to own Fuze (sold already) and I heard Clip. Fuze is more elegant sounding than Clip, though still not-warm enough, while Clip more raw and dynamic and thus sounds more powerful than Fuze. HM-602 has enough power to drive HD800 but do it elegantly... So, HM-602 (supposed the 601 as well) sounds classy than other DAPs (except HM-801) that I ever hear...

Dec 22, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #123 of 152

Quote:
Got an e-mail yesterday that the package has been shipped, UPS Express being the shipping method. Will let you know how long it will take to arrive (as this has been one of my questions in this thread). I e-mailed my mobile phone number at 15 December 2010 so I'll set that as the ''purchase date''.

The package arrived about 10 minutes ago. Unfortunately, I had to pay 23.11 EUR at the door in order to receive it (Europe; Holland; shipped from Hongkong) 
triportsad.gif

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #126 of 152
Sorry i'm a noob at making online purchases such as these.

Can someone tell me the procedure of how things should happen after i place my order online?
I placed my order for this combo on 31st Dec 2010 and immediately i received an email from paypal that my payment of USD$259+$20 has been sent to the seller.

So then am i supposed to receive a confirmation email from head-direct or an email asking for my mobile number or telling me my delivery status? Or do i just wait for the package to be delivered to my home address?

thanks in advance

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #127 of 152
For the couple/three things I've bought from them in the past, if you don't include a phone number with the order, you get a request for it when the item is ready to ship.  I haven't received much in the way of notification of shipping or projected arrival dates, but they tend to be surprisingly short given that a trip from China to the USA has been involved.

- Ed

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #128 of 152

Quote:
  I placed my order for this combo on 31st Dec 2010 and immediately i received an email from paypal that my payment of USD$259+$20 has been sent to the seller.

So then am i supposed to receive a confirmation email from head-direct or an email asking for my mobile number  

Confirm (in my case)

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #129 of 152
That sucks bigtime i hate those tax-hits to, i taught hifiman knew how to ship international but it seems that they dont. Anyone else experienced tax-hits for hifimans? Lets hope you not have to send the charger back.

Quote:
Quote:

The package arrived about 10 minutes ago. Unfortunately, I had to pay 23.11 EUR at the door in order to receive it (Europe; Holland; shipped from Hongkong) 
triportsad.gif

Quote:
AC Adapter has died after 1 charge. o.O
I'll e-mail Head-Direct what to do now. I'm definetely not sending it back on my own expense. 

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #130 of 152

My package to Europe: Finland did not get caught by taxes or customs. The package was marked as 20€ mp3 and gift. So i wouldn't say its Head-Directs fault if it gets caught by customs or tax-hits. 

Quote:
That sucks bigtime i hate those tax-hits to, i taught hifiman knew how to ship international but it seems that they dont. Anyone else experienced tax-hits for hifimans? Lets hope you not have to send the charger back.

Quote:
Quote:

triportsad.gif

Quote:
I'll e-mail Head-Direct what to do now. I'm definetely not sending it back on my own expense. 

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #131 of 152
Ok, i guess it`s a hit or miss then. @ latent, what was your package marked with?

Quote:
My package to Europe: Finland did not get caught by taxes or customs. The package was marked as 20€ mp3 and gift. So i wouldn't say its Head-Directs fault if it gets caught by customs or tax-hits. 

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

triportsad.gif

Quote:

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #134 of 152

Quote:
Ok, i guess it`s a hit or miss then. @ latent, what was your package marked with?

with C.O.D. I did not know what this is. I googled it and it says Cash On Delivery, but it does not make sense at all. Either way the guy told me straight away to pay for the package in order to receive it, so obviously I did that. I mean, it's not the first time I have to pay for stuff like this, but then usually it comes from America and not from China (never had it when I ordered stuff from China).

These are two out of three papers I received (the other one is about the li-on battery I believe). 

It says that the price of the MP3 player is $30. 

Niet belastbaar = Not taxable 
Sales Tax = 13.11 EUR
Voorschot provisie = Advance fee (translated directly from English to Dutch) =10 EUR
Totale kosten = Total costs

Not taxable vs the rest does not make sense at all but obviously I did not see it before I got the package, so no chance to ask the delivery person. 

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #135 of 152

Quote:

Customer services said I did have to send it back, which also does not make sense to me. Like what is the value of the charger anyway, compared to shipping costs.. But customer services did not say where I have to sent it and if I can get a refund for shipping so I e-mailed them about that. They then e-mailed me that they wanted a copy of my payment so that they could check whether it is ''under guarantee'' or not. I sent them the same day the documents as posted above (+ creditcard transaction for this purchase). I find that pretty ridiculous for such an issue but maybe that's just me. I believe that was two or three days ago and they didn't get back at me yet (still not knowing which adress to sent too btw). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back