Winston-Salem / Triad meet (April 20th, 2013)
Feb 13, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #46 of 266
Quote:
Anyway, how does $10 per person sound?

BTW, what kind of music is everyone listening to these days? You can PM me, if you're afraid of being condemned. :wink: I'm just trying to come up with the best collection of sounds for everyone without having too much. I'm always all over the place with my tastes but lately I've been listening to a lot of 70s/80s funk, funk/fusion, jazz, (Zapp, Herbie Hancock, Zappa) etc.

$10 is fine with me; I'd also be willing to go in on some pizza (mind the equipment! :p)

What am I listening to right now.... A lot of electronic stuff that I've been getting off of Bandcamp.  Arts the Beatdoctor is the latest, and I'm really loving this album.  for 4euros, with 30+ songs, hard to go wrong.  I'm looking for some better classical recordings.  I love Chopin, Brahms, Bach, Shostakovich, Ravel.  I hope to have a copy of Midori: Live at Carnegie Hall by the time we have the meet if not well before.  Her rendition of Tzigane, even on the crappy youtube version I have seen, is stellar.  There is a jazz group from Japan, Radar, that I just got an album from HDtracks.  It's different, but it draws me in.  Other times I listen to rap (not as much these days) and rock/alternative rock.  Kind of all over the place.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #49 of 266
Count me in, ill bring dt 880 n 990 pro 250 ohm. Hm 601 indeed g3, schitt modi xb 700 modded n maybe the dt 770 pro 80 as well n msybe a millet max 12ua7 hybrid tube but im pysched there's a meet XD an in nc

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #51 of 266
You can count me in, especially if it's on the 27th.  I'll still come if it's on the 20th though.

I'll bring the following:

Resonessence Labs Concero DAC (The baby brother of the $4,000 Invicta)
Audio-GD SA-31 amp (Powerful single ended solid state amp)
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition (Noticeable improvement over my old K701 IMO)
Audio Technica ATH-AD2000X (Brand new successor to the much loved AD2000 and AT open flagship)
Audio Technica ATH-A900X (High value, closed, mid-range AT headphone)

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #54 of 266
Nice cans jwhal, it seems all ur cans r oppisite the flavor of mine, look forward to hearing em :D i hope it remains the 20th as i already asked for the day off

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #55 of 266
Quote:
Did you guys see that the this thread made the home page. Headfi is really doing a great job of covering and keeping up with the Carolina's Headfi community , much respect to whoever manages that part of the website. I hope this raises the awareness of meet ,and we can get a lot new and seasoned members together to have some fun on April the 20th

That is cool! Love that graphic! ...wow.

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #56 of 266
Quote:
Nice cans jwhal, it seems all ur cans r oppisite the flavor of mine, look forward to hearing em
biggrin.gif
i hope it remains the 20th as i already asked for the day off

Any chance you could push the day off back a week? The 27th seems a little easier for a few people. Or, I suppose we could do a Sunday on one of those weekends.

Would that be easier for everyone?

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #59 of 266
I might come to this one. If I ever get around to transplanting AD2000 drivers in my modded AD900s, then you can count me in. For now, I could just bring in my receiver, my AD900s, and a FiiO E17. Hopefully someone brings in an HD800 and a Lyr. I've been really wanting to hear those products. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back