Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Nov 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #961 of 4,134
Quote:
So, I just noticed there's a set of Qualias for sale in Winnipeg on CAM.  http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649013292-sony_qualia_010_dynamic_headphones_fantastic_condition/

Anyone know who's selling them?  Maybe they'd be interested in coming to a meet...

EDIT: I just sent him/her an invite message, as well as the other person who posted a wanted ad for LCD-2.

I just got a part-time job to supplement the farming and my wife's contract work, so I might be able to buy some new gear reasonably soon.  I'm thinking Stax Lambda.

I have a feeling the Qualia seller might be a scammer. No feedback, no pics, and their history used to show another sold Qualia (not there anymore) which I highly doubt. I'd sent two messages in the past for an audition and more information and never got a reply. 

There's a guy with a Sony V7 that's interesting. 

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #962 of 4,134
Anyone up for a mini-meet this weekend? I've got some rather ridiculous stuff piled up on the table at the moment. I'd also like to borrow a high impedance Senn or Beyer for a review I'm writing. 

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #963 of 4,134
I'll be in Winnipeg Dec. 8 - 14, and would love to get together for a meet then - maybe the evening of Dec. 9?  I'll be bringing my HD600s, uDac, and Sony D-5A pcdp - maybe a few other toys too.

I'll also be in Wpg. on Nov. 24-25, but won't have time for a proper meet.  I could lend you my HD600 at that time, Nathan, especially if you wanted to lend out the HE-6 (or something else I suppose) for a couple weeks.  
evil_smiley.gif

The guy looking for an LCD-2 on CAM, Derek, responded to my email, and I think he's going to post here as soon as I get back to him with the link to the thread (forgot to provide the link in my first email).

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #964 of 4,134
Hello Fellas.... My name is Derek and I am a headphone addict.

Thanks to Iain (acidbasement), I have discovered this thread and would love to participate in any local events. My gear, at present (I''m seriously trying to pair this down) is:

Source:
  • Flac via Squeezebox
  • CD via Toshiba XA1
  • MP3 via Iphone 5

DAC:
  • Monarchy NM24 Tube Dac
  • Hotrodded VALAB

Amp:
  • Stax SRM-006t
  • Beta22 + Sigma22 PS, Single ended
  • Darkvoice THA332
  • Shanling PH100

Headphones:
  • Stax SR-404 Signature
  • Sennheiser HD650
  • AKG K340 (Bass Heavy)
  • AKG K701
  • Denon AH-D2000
  • Fostex T50RP

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #965 of 4,134
Wow, that's a lot of gear that I've been hoping to get to hear someday!  Particularly the Lambdas.

Welcome, Derek.  Hope to meet you in the flesh soon.

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #966 of 4,134
Setting a meet tentatively for Dec 9 sounds like a plan.

Hey Derek, I've added you to my list of contacts. I'm sort of the default guy for organizing meets around here.

The big toys I've currently got on my table are the Nuforce DAC-100 (dac and amp) and HAP-100 (preamp and amp), and Hifiman HE-6, plus everything else in my profile. Man I really gotta pare this stuff down too. Looking to downgrade if anything. I was perfectly happy muddling around in mid-fi, then suddenly I'm staring down the barrel of these big toys and wondering what the heck happened...

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #967 of 4,134
Quote:
Setting a meet tentatively for Dec 9 sounds like a plan.

Hey Derek, I've added you to my list of contacts. I'm sort of the default guy for organizing meets around here.

The big toys I've currently got on my table are the Nuforce DAC-100 (dac and amp) and HAP-100 (preamp and amp), and Hifiman HE-6, plus everything else in my profile. Man I really gotta pare this stuff down too. Looking to downgrade if anything. I was perfectly happy muddling around in mid-fi, then suddenly I'm staring down the barrel of these big toys and wondering what the heck happened...

It's called upgraditous and it happens to the best of us. In the next few weeks I'll be getting rid of some stuff also.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #969 of 4,134
Boy  that's quite a list  

I've always liked the stax headphones and and may get another pair sometime. Which Squeezebox do you have, I have the Touch with benchmark dac

Steve 

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #970 of 4,134
Quote:
Boy  that's quite a list  

I've always liked the stax headphones and and may get another pair sometime. Which Squeezebox do you have, I have the Touch with benchmark dac

Steve 

It's a list that needs to get smaller, that's for sure.... I have the Duet... although I'd like a Touch so I can play higher rez files.

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #971 of 4,134
Hey guys, so I'm having a mini-meet this Sunday (Nov 11) at noon with asqw to try out his LCD-2 with Bifrost/Lyr and compare vs the HE-6.

Anyone else want to join in on the fun? This was the showdown that never happened in September. 

Nov 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #972 of 4,134
Quote:
Hey guys, so I'm having a mini-meet this Sunday (Nov 11) at noon with asqw to try out his LCD-2 with Bifrost/Lyr and compare vs the HE-6.

Anyone else want to join in on the fun? This was the showdown that never happened in September. 

I can also bring my sons Valhalla and HD598s if anybody is interested.

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #974 of 4,134
I just picked up this hobby earlier in September, and although my time is currently being consumed by university I may be interested in trying some more headphone gear. I recently purchased the Sennheiser HD 598, and I noticed someone else owns it so I won't be bringing anything new to the table. However it is nice to know there are others in Winnipeg that enjoy headphones.

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #975 of 4,134
I'm going to try and make the meet Sunday. If I'm able to make it anyone interested in hearing the V-MODA M-100 headphone? I'll bring it along if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back