Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Dec 20, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #361 of 4,133
I love that there are other people from Winnipeg on these forums!

I can't tell you how many times I've joined a site to find all the meets/conventions/what-have-you, taking place south or the border or across the pond. I can't wait until there is another meet. So very exciting! :D

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #362 of 4,133
I think I've sort of turned into the meet organizer around these parts. I don't really have an idea when to plan the next one... maybe the first weekend of February or something?

Dec 22, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #363 of 4,133
I just got the Squeezebox Touch unit and I'm putting all my music onto a USB drive that will plug into the Squeezebox. Next meet I'll be travelling a lot lighter. I'm enjoying the K702s, I find I'm listening to them more then my speakers. Still thinking about the Stax

Dec 23, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #364 of 4,133
There were some cheap stax up on the sale forums just the other day. Not sure if they're still available though...

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #366 of 4,133
Guys, I need your help, I've been collecting personal data on regarding one of my recent trades.  I've been compiling information and in the process of writing up a document on it.  However, I think I should get more "head-fi" opinions.  I need you to judge the workmanship and sound quality.  If you're willing to help me out, because I've been too mentally drained with this, I would really, really appreciate it.  I don't want anyone else to fall into a similar situation that I had and lose money.

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #367 of 4,133
I've given you some comments already, but if you want something more formally written up let me know.

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #369 of 4,133
Mythless, happy to help, just PM me the details. I also have a request, just got a PaperJamz guitar for the little guy for Christmas, which he loves, but the Jamz are starting to get to us (we should have thought it through a bit more I guess), luckily, it has a 3.5 stereo output which I've tried several of my spare headphones including a Denon 1001 and a AT A700, but the damn thing pumps out a fair signal and even at the lowest volume it's still much louder than we'd like him to use. Any suggestions for low efficiency, small (for a 5 yr. olds peanut noggin), and entry level set of phones we could try? Or if anyone has some "beater" headphones that would fit the bill, shoot me a PM with a description and price. Thanks.

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #370 of 4,133
Let's just say I'm not too happy.  I'll pm you guys the info.

For beater headphones, I would say anything by Koss, their lifetime warranty is great.  I let my mom use my Koss portapro for her computer.  Sometimes she forgets that she has headphones on and when she stands up the cords yet yanked.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #371 of 4,133
Does anyone have a usb DAC/Amp below the rank of the Pico I could try out?
I'm wanting to see if I can downgrade without noticing a difference (assume I can, using my Phiaton MS400 exclusively now. Love them!).

Thanks

Mythless, I wouldn't mind helping out. Shoot me a pm

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #373 of 4,133
So when do people want to have the next meet? I randomly mentioned the first weekend of February a few posts above... say afternoon of Feb 6th? (Sunday)

Jan 7, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #374 of 4,133
If I land this new job I'll be done with shift work so any weekends will work for me. *crosses fingers*
I'd still be interested in trying gear, and I still currently have my Pico DAC/Amp that's unique (I think) in our group to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back