Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Nov 25, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #346 of 4,133
Lol, I still have a few toys that I want to sell off (ortho and sextett)... sorta in preparation for when upgrade-itis strikes next.

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #351 of 4,133
I did, my Dad says he needs to look, besides the organ stuff he says he has quite a few of them, though it might take awhile to find them.  I contacted a woodwork/carpenter to help make a shelving unit for his collection. Btw, what Rachmaninoff song are you looking for?  His most famous piece is Piano Concerto No 2. in C minor op.18, I am sure this was the song you were talking about.

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #354 of 4,133
Hey guys thought I'd try here first. I'm looking to sell my Grados HF-2s and my Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000's, I have very little time for these 2 pair of amazing headphones and this hobby in general.

Grado HF-2 #564 B-Stock. I see NO physical defects in this pair and they sound amazing. They've had very little use, <10hours, and around 40hours of total with burn in.
All original packing included as well as a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter.

The Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000's were bought new from Japan. There's a slight scuff on the paint on the right cup (1mm wide, 5mm long, not noticeable, took me a bit to find even though I knew it was there) other than that they are flawless. They have around 100 hours of use, around 200 hours total with burn in.
All original packing, including adapter and warranty card.

Headphones are kept in a pet free, smoke free environment and I am very gentle with my headphones. They are kept on a padded surface when not in use, cables properly coiled.

Shoot me an email at kdotddotristau@gmail.com, I'll answer quickly since it's sent to my phone. If anyone is interested in listening first that is fine!

Thanks,
Kevin

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #355 of 4,133
Haha, I've still got an ortho and sextett I want to sell too. (too many toys!)

Dec 7, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #356 of 4,133
Some pics of the gear from our last meet...

I'm going to need some help identifying everything...

from bottom left to upper right: archos 605, Music Hall dac25.2, Alessandro MS1, AKG K240 Sextett, PPAv2?, DacMagic, HF-2, Millett Max?, Oppo cd player
except for the Sextett, all the stuff on the right is Takaji's, who also built the two amps

from left to right
top row: Beyer T50p, Audio Technica ANC7B, a couple iems I can't identify, iBasso P2 (two of them)\
middle row: ipod, Pico Slim (in leather case), ???, Audio Technica A700, AKG K240 Sextett LP, Denon D2000
bottom row: Headstage Arrow, Audio Technica W1000x, iem?, Grado SR325?

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #358 of 4,133
Great pics, Nathan! It's too bad that I couldn't make it to the last meeting. What do you think about Arrow comparing to your D10?
Thanks!

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #359 of 4,133
I didn't really get a chance to test out too much gear extensively. My very brief impression of the Arrow was that it put out a bit more power than the D10 and sounded a bit brighter. Then again, I've got some very warm and coloured opamps/buffers in my D10 since that's the kind of sound I prefer. I could probably mimic the Arrow sound sig if I fiddled enough.

Dec 8, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #360 of 4,133
Hey guys, sort of a random question, but does one of you have my Trans Siberian Orchestra - Night Castle cd? I'm missing the first cd of two, and the only time I can think I would have had it out would have been at one of the meets (not the most recent one, one of the earlier ones). If one of you tucked it away by mistake, please give me a shout. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back