Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Nov 13, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #331 of 4,134
Yeah, looks like we're going to have a big turnout. Ten, maybe more if everyone who says they're showing up actually make it.

Brings food/snacks. There's a Safeway/Sobeys/Walmart 2 minutes away if people just want to pick something up.

Nov 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #333 of 4,134
Let's see if I got this right...

from left to right:
Cyberidd/Andrew - Beyerdynamic DT990/250
sckeith/Steve - AKG K702
SennheiserMiser/Mike - Denon AH-D2000
Wally - Ultrasone Pro 750
Armaegis/Nathan - Phiaton MS 400 and Pioneer HDJ-2000
seahorse
lwc726/Lindsay - Audio Technica ATH-W1000X
takaji/Justin - Grado HF-2
Mythless/David - Vixen mod Grado HF-2

Nov 14, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #334 of 4,134
This was a good meet with pretty good turn out.  I may be mistaken, but I got the impression that most people were pretty satisfied with the gear they had, which is uncommon in a hobby such as this!  I look forward to the next one and actually getting to test a bit more gear! 

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #336 of 4,134
Quote:
This was a good meet with pretty good turn out.  I may be mistaken, but I got the impression that most people were pretty satisfied with the gear they had, which is uncommon in a hobby such as this!  I look forward to the next one and actually getting to test a bit more gear! 

And I really enjoyed your Beyers. That may just be the next line of headphones I get into, when the time comes... also, thanks a lot for the tracks! I still have to listen to them but looking forward to giving those a listen on my system.

And in other news... I'm glad seahorse could make it!
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 16, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #337 of 4,134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takaji /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And I really enjoyed your Beyers. That may just be the next line of headphones I get into, when the time comes... also, thanks a lot for the tracks! I still have to listen to them but looking forward to giving those a listen on my system.

And in other news... I'm glad seahorse could make it!
tongue_smile.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed them, I'm sure that you'll like the CD as well.  The liner notes are good too since they tell you exactly what to look for in each track. 

I really enjoyed listening to your gear as well.  It was interesting to hear just how different the HF2 was from the DT990s.  I really enjoyed both sound sigs.  I also enjoyed your amp, it sounded great!  Next time I'll have to compare yours and the Bottlehead Crack as I liked both with the 990. 

As far as the sea horse, I wasn't at all pleased with the gear it brought.  It all seemed too bright (even for me) and tinny sounding!

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #338 of 4,134
Thanks again to Armaegis (Nathan) for hosting. It was a great opportunity to meet some of the local members and try some of the gear that I've only read about. Lindsay I quite appreciated being able to test drive your Headstage before I actually order one, and to hear you W1000Xs, and Steve, I've been wanting to hear a set of 702s for quite a while and Nathan's Phiatons and Andrew's Beyer 770s were also on my wish list. I would have to agree that most in attendance seemed most satisfied with what they already had, which is a great endorsement of the information available on the forums. Thanks again to everyone who made it out, I look forward to future meets.  

Nov 16, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #339 of 4,134
I've actually got the Phiaton MS300 and PS500 now. I almost had them in time for the meet, but UPS was being stupid.

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #342 of 4,134
Nathan, how'd you get around UPSs Broker Nazi policy? Did you have to go to Customs yourself?

Nov 16, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #343 of 4,134
Yeah, I took the afternoon off and drove down to ups/customs to broker it myself. I wrote about it here (last page): http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/507194/listing-canadian-companies

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #344 of 4,134

HeyItsBattleKid said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Should we get an equipment list going you think? Maybe that would spark some more interest.

Its a shame cause I don't know what other big areas would be able to make it. Minneapolis is probably the next biggest area, but thats about an 8 hour drive I would think. Unless we want to try centralizing it more. I guess it really depends on what benefits we could get from including more of the Minnesota and North Dakota area.

I got more deep understanding about this part, Thanks for your analysis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back