Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Feb 23, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #3,797 of 4,133
that's true.

I have contacted the company which take over the maintenance after cavalli closed, but I didnt get any reply

I also opened it and try to see anything wrong inside, but have no idea about IC board at all, so just composed it back

it is really glad to hear that maybe someone can fix it

Thanks again
Eventually!!!!!

I find what is problem to make my Cavalli Liquid Carbon channel imbalanced, it is power cable!!!!

Last week, I lent Cavalli to my friend with my spare power cable. the cabel I used just left it on the socket of wall, so lazy.
Then my friend told me my amp is totally fine, he didnt have any imbalanced issue between two channel.

I was like 0_o what!!??

So I got it back and try couple times cross check to test the behavior between my LC V1 and V2 with the power cable I used before and the spare one.

After a week, now I can tell both my V1 and V2 are all fine with the spare power cable, perfect sound!!! no issue at all!!! not at all!!!

fxxx you power cable..................

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #3,798 of 4,133
Eventually!!!!!

I find what is problem to make my Cavalli Liquid Carbon channel imbalanced, it is power cable!!!!

Last week, I borrowed Cavalli to my friend with my spare power cable. the cabel I used just left it on the socket of wall, so lazy.
Then my friend told me my amp is totally fine, he didnt have any imbalanced issue between two channel.

I was like 0_o what!!??

So I got it back and try couple times cross check to test the behavior between my LC V1 and V2 with the power cable I used before and the spare one.

After a week, now I can tell both my V1 and V2 are all fine with the spare power cable, perfect sound!!! no issue at all!!! not at all!!!

fxxx you power cable..................

..... I'm at a loss to explain how that could even happen. Like, it seems physically impossible.

Feb 23, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #3,799 of 4,133
..... I'm at a loss to explain how that could even happen. Like, it seems physically impossible.
Maybe the offending cable has the hot and neutral swapped and that is playing havok with the psu system in the amp? But for sure super, super odd. I even wonder if the issue will return and it is just something that is hibernating at the moment.

Feb 25, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #3,800 of 4,133
Just popping in here, as I've been watching Kijiji for a while and haven't seen anything pop up.

Does anybody here have a bluetooth reciever they are willing to part with? Something like the ES100 or a BTR/BTR3? Or maybe an older, budget friendly DAP?

Long story short, my headphones are HD650s and a bit ago I switched over to my first phone with no headphone jack (Pixel 6 Pro). I've got a USB C-to-3.5mm adapter and it works fine for most modern music, but I listen to lots of older, pre-loudness war madness stuff and for that stuff it doesn't have enough jam.

I believe I could also get a different small USB C DAC/headphone amp, but I'd rather not put extra strain on the usb port while it's all in my pocket walking about. Would much rather use a dedicated DAP or ES100-type device.

Thanks!

Mar 12, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #3,801 of 4,133
Hey guys, now that restrictions are lifting do we want to start planning the next meetup? There might be some toys of interest that people would want to hear.

Mar 12, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #3,802 of 4,133
Hey guys, now that restrictions are lifting do we want to start planning the next meetup? There might be some toys of interest that people would want to hear.
I may be able to host later in April, but it's pretty busy over here with work and a new puppy. That said, I'm certainly interested in a meet soon!

Mar 12, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #3,804 of 4,133
@rifi Sophie's a big sister now? :smiley:
image20220302_105045147.jpg

Meet Haru.

Mar 28, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #3,807 of 4,133
How does everyone feel about a meet in late April? I may be able to host as long as people are OK with two monsters lurking around your ankles. By then my bbq might even be visible and we could spark it up!

Mar 29, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #3,808 of 4,133
I'm usually busy Sunday/Monday evenings, but otherwise my evenings are flexible.

Apr 2, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #3,810 of 4,133
Putting it out there: https://demo.firepad.io/#f5tBQ4ChHi Thinking of just a quick meet in April. I know @Rubin is also interested. I am thinking low levels of gear and more just a hang out and catch up. Maybe we do almost a "show and tell" or "Favourite piece of gear" theme and see who brings what and see how it all sounds.

I am also very interested in peoples opinions on my work rooting a V30 phone and tuning its DAC and amp into a pretty good DAP. I would be keen to A/B it to any other DAP to see how it stands up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back