Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Dec 3, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #3,151 of 4,133
Finally got some mesh for my HE-6, must say it looks wonderful

on another note, is anyone interested in a meet sometime during December? It's been quite a while since the last one.

Looking good man. I glued a black nylon to my grills to keep out dust.

I'd be up for organizing a meet, but what are people's schedules like as we get closer to the holidays?

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #3,154 of 4,133
I'm away from around Christmas to early January. Then have some significant business travel. I don't think I will be able to make it unless it gets pushed to February. At which point, I will have my new pair of Axiom M22 v4 bookshelfs if that interests anyone. Which also means I will have a pair of PSB amazing alphas that will need a new home. I know most of you are well beyond alphas, but they might make a good gift to someone who you know might be dipping their toes into better stereo equipment...

Dec 4, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #3,155 of 4,133
I'm away from around Christmas to early January. Then have some significant business travel. I don't think I will be able to make it unless it gets pushed to February. At which point, I will have my new pair of Axiom M22 v4 bookshelfs if that interests anyone. Which also means I will have a pair of PSB amazing alphas that will need a new home. I know most of you are well beyond alphas, but they might make a good gift to someone who you know might be dipping their toes into better stereo equipment...

Ohhhh, I might be interested in the Alphas. I'd also love to hear the Axioms. Since moving in August I can finally use speakers without worry of neighbours threatening to evict me :)

Dec 4, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #3,156 of 4,133
Ohhhh, I might be interested in the Alphas. I'd also love to hear the Axioms. Since moving in August I can finally use speakers without worry of neighbours threatening to evict me :)

Hey Nexolek, we should definitely talk then. I know headphone meets aren't ideal for speaker demos, so if you are interested in the alphas, maybe we can set a time where you can come by my place and check out the M22s and pick up the Alphas.

I am also happy selling off the Alphas before I get the Axioms if you need them sooner. I have mini DIY speaker stand/isolators that work pretty well and keep them from passing low-end to the table or floor if you still have concerns over annoying neighbours. Let me know.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #3,158 of 4,133
Haha, if speakers are coming out then I've got some ATC's that could use some attention.

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #3,160 of 4,133
I was gonna say moving and setup speakers isn't so easy... but then again, we haul out a lot of ridiculous things for our headphone meets.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #3,161 of 4,133
Dec 9, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #3,162 of 4,133
I've been using these for my KEF LS50W
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GOP79G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
81fRWauWKEL._SL1500_.jpg

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #3,163 of 4,133
Hey gang - the next time we have a meetup I'll try and bring ZMF Heaphones demo pairs for you guys (Eikon/Atticus/Auteur). Hopefully I can finally make it out to Nates heh

Sometime in Feb i hear?

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #3,164 of 4,133
I've been using these for my KEF LS50W
Hah I've got the same ones!

Hey gang - the next time we have a meetup I'll try and bring ZMF Heaphones demo pairs for you guys (Eikon/Atticus/Auteur). Hopefully I can finally make it out to Nates heh

Sometime in Feb i hear?
No one has claimed a date. So far I think I'm fairly wide open next year, though work has been super busy.

As an aside, if anyone is looking for a place to rent, I have a basement suite near the U of M available.

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #3,165 of 4,133
For anyone that is interested, there is a pair of 325i's on kijiji right now for 130$. I am debating on getting them for a quick flip on ebay or CAM, but I would feel better if someone bought them who actually needed them. I have seen them floating on kijiji for a while now and I think they started at 240$. It feels like the owner is desperate to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back