Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)

First

Back
201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210
212 213 214 215 216 217 218
Next

Last
  1. Armaegis
    Looking good man. I glued a black nylon to my grills to keep out dust.

I'd be up for organizing a meet, but what are people's schedules like as we get closer to the holidays?

2. Nexolek
    Now that notifications are working again (apparently I missed the last meet entirely...) I'd be up for one!

3. -iKa-
    I'm free from December 16th to January 2nd, so I'll be free for whenever.

4. rifi
    I'm away from around Christmas to early January. Then have some significant business travel. I don't think I will be able to make it unless it gets pushed to February. At which point, I will have my new pair of Axiom M22 v4 bookshelfs if that interests anyone. Which also means I will have a pair of PSB amazing alphas that will need a new home. I know most of you are well beyond alphas, but they might make a good gift to someone who you know might be dipping their toes into better stereo equipment...

5. Nexolek
    Ohhhh, I might be interested in the Alphas. I'd also love to hear the Axioms. Since moving in August I can finally use speakers without worry of neighbours threatening to evict me :)

6. rifi
    Hey Nexolek, we should definitely talk then. I know headphone meets aren't ideal for speaker demos, so if you are interested in the alphas, maybe we can set a time where you can come by my place and check out the M22s and pick up the Alphas.

I am also happy selling off the Alphas before I get the Axioms if you need them sooner. I have mini DIY speaker stand/isolators that work pretty well and keep them from passing low-end to the table or floor if you still have concerns over annoying neighbours. Let me know.

7. -iKa-
    if we push it back to February I will potentially have a prototype unit for a headphone from an upcoming company called Aurorus Audio, which should be a fun listen.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  8. Armaegis
    Haha, if speakers are coming out then I've got some ATC's that could use some attention.

9. rifi
    Maybe we set up two meets or a part 1/part 2 to the next meet. One for speakers the other for headphones. Seems like there might be enough interest to make both happen.

10. Armaegis
    I was gonna say moving and setup speakers isn't so easy... but then again, we haul out a lot of ridiculous things for our headphone meets.

11. Armaegis
  12. bearFNF Contributor
  13. q2klepto
    Hey gang - the next time we have a meetup I'll try and bring ZMF Heaphones demo pairs for you guys (Eikon/Atticus/Auteur). Hopefully I can finally make it out to Nates heh

Sometime in Feb i hear?

Nexolek likes this.
  14. Armaegis
    Hah I've got the same ones!

No one has claimed a date. So far I think I'm fairly wide open next year, though work has been super busy.

As an aside, if anyone is looking for a place to rent, I have a basement suite near the U of M available.

bearFNF likes this.
  15. rifi
    For anyone that is interested, there is a pair of 325i's on kijiji right now for 130$. I am debating on getting them for a quick flip on ebay or CAM, but I would feel better if someone bought them who actually needed them. I have seen them floating on kijiji for a while now and I think they started at 240$. It feels like the owner is desperate to sell.

First

Back
201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210
212 213 214 215 216 217 218
Next

Last