Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Aug 8, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #3,527 of 4,133
I picked up some sausages and buns at Tenderloin Meats on my way to work today, only to find out that I'm most likely working tomorrow. Have fun everyone and be safe.

Aw crud, that sucks man :slight_frown:

I've got all the stuff to make some burgers tomorrow.

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #3,529 of 4,133
Quick question for everyone, I can get a new pair of Audeze isine10 for $235 and free shipping. Anyone ever listened to these before? Mostly for walking the dog and when I can't pack/use full headphones. I'm OK with the fact they are semi open. Probably even a good thing for the late dog walks. Any opinions appreciated.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #3,530 of 4,133
Quick question for everyone, I can get a new pair of Audeze isine10 for $235 and free shipping. Anyone ever listened to these before? Mostly for walking the dog and when I can't pack/use full headphones. I'm OK with the fact they are semi open. Probably even a good thing for the late dog walks. Any opinions appreciated.
Really? No wireless IEMs? While I'm sure iSine10 sounds better, wireless IEMs often have frequency response EQ so can potentially sound more neutral (or bassy if by design) than what I can get for wired IEMs. But of course, I'm super curious what you think of the iSine10 since I have never listened to them before.

Aug 11, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #3,531 of 4,133
Agree, DSP or EQ on wireless IEMs is probably an overall better listening experience, however I am using non-bluetooth devices for my listening so wireless is not really an option. I often disconnect on these walks and listen to one of my good portable radios. Not hi-fi but I felt getting reasonable IEMs would get the most out of them without going overboard. I also appreciate the semi-open nature of the isine10. Good for car/bike awareness during late night dog walks.

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #3,532 of 4,133
I just noticed these are $248 on Amazon... I'll admit the idle curiosity does poke at me.

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #3,533 of 4,133
It was just a couple of us that met up last Sunday. Nice to chit chat and see some familiar faces. Tentatively thinking we'd try again for the end of the month? (that's the long weekend; not sure what people's plans are for that)

Aug 13, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #3,537 of 4,133
I just realized that the long weekend is actually not until Sept 5/6/7. I was originally thinking the weekend before that, but eh it's still early, we can plan for whenever works best for people.

I would be up for a lunchtime meet on Monday Sept 7th.

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #3,540 of 4,133
@Velomane, I did get them! I am very happy with them so far. I think the reviews online are pretty accurate. In other words, very very good performance for the price, as long as comfort isn't an issue that ruins them for you. Sonically I find them nice and sweet in the highs, a little laid back in the mids and nice and tight down low. They scale very nicely with good amping, but sound great right out of a good phone/DAP. As mentioned previously, I bought these primarily for use with a few radios i use when walking our little French bulldog. I think the sound signature of the iSINEs synergize with radios very well. Radio tends to be a little rough in the highs, forward in the mids and weak on the lows, the iSINE's compensate for all those shortcomings perfectly. I also find the Soundstage to be second to none in an IEM. Granted my experience with other IEMs is quite limited, they sound very "over ear" to me, if you catch my drift. Which is a good thing in my books.

In short, I would highly recommend them if you are looking for a non-fatiguing, quick-sounding IEM. I have no idea how they compare to other ~$235CDN sounding IEMs but based on my sound/value point of view, they are well worth it. They also come with a very well thought out case and a few different types of ear clips. Hopefully we can have another meet soon. I would be happy to let everyone have a good listen. NOTE: I bought the 3.5mm version. All the reviews say the cipher cable version sounds that much better. That said, I figure we all have better DAPs, dac/amps than a in-cable option so I doubt the cipher cable would be that useful to any of us. To me, the extra $100 or so to get that cable is better spent elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back