Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
May 18, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #3,016 of 4,133
Fair enough. If that pin is used in the circuit, then you will have a very tough time swapping opamps unless you're willing to hack the board (and even then, it's assuming that the compensation is handled the same way).

You could also potentially swap in opamps that don't use that pin at all. But then you're hoping that the feedback loop is enough and there wasn't any other funny business going on with the output.

May 19, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #3,018 of 4,133

That's a great price for those.

For anyone looking for nice powered speakers, this is a good buy: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-performance-...de/1263897155?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Or if someone is interested, I'm selling my Genelecs (bi-amped studio monitors) as I'm probably upgrading soon.
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/for-sale-trade-genelec-1030a-studio-monitors-canada.850340/
(totally willing to make a substantial deal for someone local)

May 20, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #3,021 of 4,133
I just recently received some KEF LS50 wireless and I am impressed with their sound and clarity. Definitely a step above the Klipsch R-15PM they replaced.

May 20, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #3,022 of 4,133
@rifi I'll need those stands for the next speakers :beyersmile: Unless I need bigger ones... in which case I'll let you know. If you want some cheaper pads though, here: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-pro-audio-re...or/1258536560?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

@-iKa- Haha, well if you're gonna go big, those flagship speakers aren't a bad way to go. Granted, you're also dropping close to $15k after taxes...

@bearFNF Did you ever hear the regular LS50? I'm curious to hear more impression of the two back to back. I know @Velomane and I think @q2klepto have the regular ones here.

I think if I were to go into a fancy active speakers, it would be a Kii Three or Geithain, but shipping/import of those is tricky.

May 20, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #3,023 of 4,133
I did, but it was quite a while ago so I don't remember the amp. I do know that I liked what I heard. That is one of the reasons I was real interested in the wireless version. I also like the connectivity options, fits more with the way I want to use them over the Klipsch.

So for they are pretty nice.
Only issue I have is worrying about disturbing the neighbors with the bass. :ksc75smile:
Well, that and getting them set-up/positioned just right.

May 26, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #3,025 of 4,133
So should we start planning a meet?

Sure, I'd be willing to plan/host something. I can create a doodle that people can sign up on to help pick a day. My best weekly times for the next month are Sunday noon, Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, sometimes Friday evening. Anyone else?

May 27, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #3,027 of 4,133
Hey @Viper2005 or @Velomane , I'm working on a multi-dac review. I was wondering if I'd be able to borrow a Yggy for maybe a week? I can trade one of my dacs for you to play with.

May 29, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #3,029 of 4,133
Jun 2, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #3,030 of 4,133
Hey @Viper2005 or @Velomane , I'm working on a multi-dac review. I was wondering if I'd be able to borrow a Yggy for maybe a week? I can trade one of my dacs for you to play with.
Hey Nathan, Would you like my Hegel in your dac review?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back