Windows mobile are such a pain!
Dec 8, 2008 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
Guys,

anyone here owned WM based mobiles here? i am fedup.

i am using Xperia and am fedup of the problems.

firstly..the apps crashed today..saying 'sorry the program crashed..report the error n blah blah blah.'

and then when i restarted the phone..it no longer recognizes my 4 digit password.. wth?????????

how can a phone forget the password?

also, i tried removing the battery ...shockingly...all data is lost and the password error is still there.

so its like my phone has become a brick..unless someone can help me.

Dec 8, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #3 of 41
I have xperia and have no such problems.
You can ask @ xda-developers.com, great place for troubleshooting..

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #7 of 41
oh well i fixed it!

all i had to do was remove and re-insert the battery and the RAM got clearer.

this was my first major bug since i got the Xperia.. i think the bug was triggered by excessive downloading i was doing on opera mobile..and most of the files i downloaded were incompatible on the phone.

anyway its fixed now.

the phones camera is really great for a smartphone which dont have good cams.. here are some pics i took recently:

(click the pic to see full size):

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #8 of 41
[rant]It sure is!
Much like anything else from Microsoft...[/rant]

Dec 8, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess Windows is no different even when its mobile.

Yep, people still whine about problems that aren't caused by the OS at all. Same as Windows anywhere.

Dec 8, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #10 of 41
Its usually not WM that bites, its the apps the provider includes. AT&T ROMs blow. So I've always used ROMs from XDA Developers on HTC phones.

#1 item that crashes on any of my HTC phones? Good Messaging. Now there is a POS.

Dec 8, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #11 of 41
I use a "clean" WM6.1 ROM for my HTC Vogue (Touch on CDMA).

WM6.1 is much improved over WM5/6, trust me on that. Especially now with the new "official" firmware update released. Enabled GPS, battery life has shot up dramatically and quite a bit faster/stabler.

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #13 of 41
ya man..i registered on XDA developers..they got a dedicated section for Sony Xperia..its got WM 6.1 btw.

tons of useful threads for me.

i installed a new onscreen keyboard of some HTC phone.. very good...one of the best virtual keyboard ported on a mobile phone imo.

Dec 8, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #15 of 41
NOKIA E61 FTW!

Sorry, had to do that!
tongue.gif

I haven't actually used it yet, but price-point -> features wise, it owns, style wise it does not, but believe me, it does custom sprayed!
tongue.gif

Can't wait to test it out Weds. Won't be able to put it away until Xmas though I don't think
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back