Windows mobile are such a pain!
Dec 9, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus with a wm phone, no other phone can even pretend to compete on functionality.

Except for the N82/N95... Can you play Quake 3 on your Windows Mobile?

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #17 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why you got rid of the bold and got the Xperia is beyond me...That's a downgrade! [/BBfanboy]

I never got rid of BB Bold..it was my dad's..i returned it to him. it has pathetic camera and screen reso is also smaller. otherwise i agree its a class.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except for the N82/N95... Can you play Quake 3 on your Windows Mobile?

ya can play Quake 3 on Winmo.. checkout the XDA developers forum.

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never got rid of BB Bold..it was my dad's..i returned it to him. it has pathetic camera and screen reso is also smaller. otherwise i agree its a class.

:S It does what it's designed for: emails, emails, emails. Nothing else on the market comes close
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #19 of 41
well..i am not a corporate exec yet .. just a business management student with a dash of technophile a.k.a geek... when i get a job..maybe i ll consider a new phone.

rite now i am overwhelmed by the ocean of information on my phone on the XDA devs forum.

Dec 9, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #20 of 41
I use one of the simplest telephones available. They die within a year anyway. BTW, those Xperia (Xpedia?) are a laugh. My mate has one. The thing suffers from all kinds of small bugs. He also uses it to log in to live messenger. I always send him loads of smileys; his fing Sony can't handle that and almost crashes.
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #21 of 41
Just recently got a windows mobile phone. After living with a palm treo for so long, the transition is hellish.
My biggest complaint is the performance. My treo 650 underclocked to 150mhz was far snappier than this thing. And it would last 3 days of heavy usage, and over a week with minimal use. I can't get a full day out of my WM phone, even with moderate usage.
I really hate that its impossible to get a good palm phone anymore. all the good treos are running Windows mobile. Palm OS always just felt intuitive to me. WM feels clunky.

Dec 9, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just recently got a windows mobile phone. After living with a palm treo for so long, the transition is hellish.
My biggest complaint is the performance. My treo 650 underclocked to 150mhz was far snappier than this thing. And it would last 3 days of heavy usage, and over a week with minimal use. I can't get a full day out of my WM phone, even with moderate usage.
I really hate that its impossible to get a good palm phone anymore. all the good treos are running Windows mobile. Palm OS always just felt intuitive to me. WM feels clunky.

Like you I swapped to my first foray with Windows Mobile just recently. I was using a Treo 650 with Palm OS on it as my first smart phone and before that, I used a wide variety of Palm and Pocket PC PDA devices. I have to say that the Motorola 9h I am using with WinMo6 is far from sluggish. It's performing faster than my 650 was and with the basic battery its been holding out for nearly 9 days with minimal use. I have yet to actually have any major complaints about Windows Mobile 6 although I will say that after being familiar with Windows Portable 2002 and 2003, I have a little difficulty finding a couple of things in WinMo.

Dec 9, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #23 of 41
well the Multitouch on iPhone's is one feature that makes it stand apart.

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #24 of 41
I've only had it for a few weeks but so far no complaint whatsoever about my HTC Touch HD. Great phone, far from sluggish.

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #25 of 41
^^ thats one awesome phone..Xperia has the same hardware as that phone

Dec 10, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #26 of 41
I have the htc mogul on sprint, I was thinking about getting the htc touch pro , but decided to stick with the mogul a while longer,It seem more sturdily built even though it may lack in the ram dept.

Dec 10, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #27 of 41
Seems odd that a $799 phone requires you to sign up for a developer's forum somewhere and then download firmware meant for another manufacturer's phones in order to function in a reasonably satisfactory manner.

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #28 of 41
^^ so when u buy a laptop u are satisfied with all the bloatware and dont need to download new softwares and do tweaking?

thats the beauty of windows..its an open world out there..u can do anything with your device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back