Windows Media Player vs. iTunes (Read before voting, and explain your reasoning please)
Mar 26, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #31 of 48
My only thing is: I would love to have a program that syncs both iPod and MTP/MSC players, but I have a few videos that the programs don't let you sync through, but I guess videos aren't that important to me, but I would like to save the videos, but of course I have no way of playing them outside of the iPod format. If I uninstall iTunes, i'd still be able to play the video in quicktime, but it would be sadening not to be able to convert them...without paying for more lousy software.

EDIT: The video is the only thing keeping me from switching over...and the fact the CD-R's I just bought don't burn from iTunes, but they do from WMP (What?) so I can't burn my iTunes tracks onto a disc yet...

2nd EDIT: I just took a closer look at that ss, I love the Eels, and especially that song. Kudos to you.

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #34 of 48
even AAC? Do you have any links?

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #36 of 48
Meh, I've gotten iTunes to burn with these discs, so I'm not worried about, I couldn't get it figured out for anythign though...I mean not for the life of me.

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would suggest you to take a look at Media Center 12 or the free Media Jukebox 12. Both from J. River. It is great software and it syncs with both MTP players and iPods. Even the new Touch.

x2 on J. River Media Center 12. True, you do have to pay for it but you get a mature and very easy to use player with full functionality and regular updates. Like they say you get what you pay for.

Mar 27, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #39 of 48
Well I think I'm actually leaning more torwards WMP 11. I say this becasue getting mp3's from amazon will be much easier to manage, since I won't have to go and burn and rerip everything to work with WMP. I've been taking a look at the new Sony's and those are super sexy. I kinda like the new Sansa's, but too bad they use that same ugly interface as the e200 series. The Cowon D2 and the iRivers look nice too, especially since they both offer SD expansion. I do want something, too so it doesn't look like my amp devourse my MP3 player (I.E. the people who pair nano's w/ amps
wink.gif
). Now, if only I could find someone to trade me an MP3 player for my iPod...*sigh*. Anyone know of a way to get the videos on a disc or something, so I can watch them?

Mar 27, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #41 of 48
Mar 27, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

you lose quality by burning and re-ripping. The best thing would be to remove FairPlay from your files.
Here is a guide to play back aac tracks in WMP.
hymn :: View topic - How to play .m4as in Windows Media Player
I think you should just download FFDShow or maybe CCCP, but I am not certain.
-Rasmus

Well it doesn't lose that much quality, I know it will if I keep doing it over and over, but it won't do much to it the first time. I guess that's why I couldn't get ffdshow to work, because I didn't hav ethe splitter thing..lemme try it.

Mar 27, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #43 of 48
Still, tracks from iTunes are like 128kbps or something like that? You also waste a lot of time. Either way, whatever fits your bill is the best way to do it
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: I never really got the whole concept of splitters. I am still not certain what it is. People seems to be digging CCCP, but I never got it to work with xvid.

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Still, tracks from iTunes are like 128kbps or something like that? You also waste a lot of time. Either way, whatever fits your bill is the best way to do it
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: I never really got the whole concept of splitters. I am still not certain what it is. People seems to be digging CCCP, but I never got it to work with xvid.

Well most of the tracks I have from iTunes are the iTunes Plus, so it's fine. I still wish there was some way I could preserve my videos. Can the iPod play videos still while it's rockboxed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back