Win a SUSVARA
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #557 of 798
I would love to own a headphone of that caliber. I would definitely invest in more music along with some more potent gear.

May 30, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #558 of 798
800421A4637_zpsxeet8bf7.jpg

To celebrate the launch of the new pinnacle of Planar Magnetic headphone technology, the SUSVARA, we have decided that one lucky individual out there can have one for free. Well, almost for free. What we want is a line or two telling us why you want a SUSVARA? Nothing complicated, tell us why you want it and / or why we should give it to you. Just post your answer.

800421A4624_zpsmq5rrwie.jpg

*The competition is open from now until the end of Sunday, June 11th 2017. HIFIMAN will reserve the right to use all and any entry submissions as we see fit. Our decisions are final. The prize cannot be substituted and HIFIMAN shall bare no responsibility nor liability for any applicable Customs fees, charges or any other financial liability as a result of the offer of the prize.

I want the SUSVARA because I love music and think it's about time I reviewed something that can really be called TOTL. If HiFiMAN's excellent track record for sound is any indicator of the way this thing will sound I can't imagine a better tool to use to experience my music better.

May 30, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #559 of 798
Even entry-level "audiophile" headphones are as attainable to me as a full set of AudioVox Living Voice Olympians with its entire complement of support equipment.

But I sure can dream, can't I?

And most every day I have these...daydreams.

For many weeks now these Reference pair from HiFiMAN whose Sanskrit name means heavenly sound speak to me. Sing to me. Susvara. SUSVARA!

And I am where there is only me and Music...

From the most delicate caress of strings, to the slightest huff of air in the barest whisper of winds... to the thunderous, spirit-rousing crescendo of tympani and cymbals in the percussive waves that flow all around me... to the exact placement of source on the aural stage... ever natural, always accurate, simply effortless... indeed, heavenly.

Susvara.

I sigh; my vision always seem to blur when I see familiar surroundings.

But I can just dream, can't I?

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #561 of 798
I have never listened to a planar magnetic headphone, or any Hifiman product in my life. I yearn to be wowed by a pair of headphones, to live inside the music not merely as an observer, but as an active participant. A listener who lives in music and neurolinguialy processes the emotion and essence of the artists of the music, as well as the Susvara. I desire to feel the love, the essence of the human soul through the medium of sound.

I have acknowledged many headphones as sounding good, as well as bad. However, I wish to experience true excellence.

May 30, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #562 of 798

To celebrate the launch of the new pinnacle of Planar Magnetic headphone technology, the SUSVARA, we have decided that one lucky individual out there can have one for free. Well, almost for free. What we want is a line or two telling us why you want a SUSVARA? Nothing complicated, tell us why you want it and / or why we should give it to you. Just post your answer.

*The competition is open from now until the end of Sunday, June 11th 2017. HIFIMAN will reserve the right to use all and any entry submissions as we see fit. Our decisions are final. The prize cannot be substituted and HIFIMAN shall bare no responsibility nor liability for any applicable Customs fees, charges or any other financial liability as a result of the offer of the prize.

May 30, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #563 of 798

May 31, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #564 of 798
I've been a headphone fan for a longtime and have owned most of them over the years.
It would be great to hear how another totl headphone compares to some of the current and vintage headphones that I own and have experience with.

May 31, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #566 of 798
Wow, the Susvara looks awesome.
I have tried the HE1000 before and it blew my mind.
Would love to get that experience again!

May 31, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #567 of 798
I opine for your planar delight, O Susvara
Mired in the abyss of magnetic doom and chill timbre am I
lead me to the glade of thy aural chambers
sing to me the maria of layering found within
O Susvara, captivating, alluring, Susvara

May 31, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #568 of 798
I would love to have the susvara's as an edition to my collection (especially as the first top of the line headphone in my collection) and to give my HE-500's a brother; he's been getting lonely at the top of my stack.

May 31, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #569 of 798
I've auditioned the Audeze LCD-X, Hifiman HE400i, and the Monoprice M1060 recently.
From what I heard, planar magnetic headphones are for me.
Still saving up for one, but who knows, I might get lucky and be the winner of the Susvara.

Help me out Hifiman! <3

May 31, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #570 of 798
1 in 568 so far, I like these odds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back