Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip?
Sep 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #197 of 207
Hello, I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question in the forums, so kindly forgive me in advance if this is not the case.

I've found a vendor online who sells the Westone True-Fit tips in bulk, 200 for $119.98. I don't want to post a link in case this is not permitted. They seem to be a real A/V shop, not some fly-by-night operation selling knock-offs.

Is it OK to post a link? Any thoughts on whether these tips are actually available in bulk?

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #198 of 207
  Hello, I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question in the forums, so kindly forgive me in advance if this is not the case.

I've found a vendor online who sells the Westone True-Fit tips in bulk, 200 for $119.98. I don't want to post a link in case this is not permitted. They seem to be a real A/V shop, not some fly-by-night operation selling knock-offs.

Is it OK to post a link? Any thoughts on whether these tips are actually available in bulk?

That sounds hokey to me.  It's never been the type of product sold by the hundreds.   Call or email Westone customer service and ask.

Sep 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #200 of 207
If only Westone would make the star tips for bigger nozzle sizes it'd be heavenly (Wishful thinking) 
tongue.gif

Just asking Westone to release a new line of IEM with a larger bore,nozzle, and then, Westone will release either a Startips that will fit there monitor nozzlez.

Asking a third party cie is the best, easy way to get what you (we) need for the W4, the so smaller bore nozzle :-/

:D

Sep 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #201 of 207
Interesting, definite improvement with the star tips vs the stock grey silicone tips, but surprisingly like the black tips the most so far with the shorter nozzles. Definitely less sibilant and has good bass and better treble extension so the wider tip opening definitely has a benefit.

I was expecting to the like the blue tips very much as they insert deeper into the ear which works very well with the triple flanges, but so far they seem to alter a sound signature a bit too much for my liking, will see whether that changes with time.

Brain, will adapt!

:D

Sep 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #202 of 207
Yes, Westone and Shure use that same clear tip.  Worst tip I have ever put in my ear next to Ety gliders.  They are too rigid and hard IMHO

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #206 of 207
I have Westone W1 in-ears.  Single BA driver.  I've been using Comply tips, but always thought of them as rounding off the highs a bit.  I recently picked up some Westone True-Fit - the big boys - orange.  Man, they sound great - I have not heard so much clean punch in these single driver phones!   Very musical top to bottom.  I didn't know that W1s were that good until they broke in, and now with these tips they sound amazing IMO. 

However, even though I have big ear canals, the orange was just too big over a long listening session - the ache started to settle in, but what a great seal!  Clean tight bass with clear mids and highs.

I've now ordered the red, a size down, and I am betting they will be perfect.

I haven't ever used the Shure olives, but these True-Fit foamys sound fantastic.    

Jun 17, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #207 of 207
The post is a little puzzling.  The Westone FOAM True Fit tips shouldn't really sound any different from the Shure complys.  They are both same foam material and will fill your ear cavity to the same size.

If you ae looking for crispier treble you should be looking at the Westone patented silicone "Star" tips.  Upon their release they instantly made many IEM's sound instantly better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back