Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip?
Nov 21, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #32 of 207
Quote:
I got my hands on those tips and used them with the W4. I used the ones without color painted on the bottom of the stem. They open up the sound and provides a significantly taller soundstage. The treble sounds slightly brighter, and has more sparkle.  The music also more room to breath.

The biggest change is with the W3. On top of what I stated above, there is more noticeable forward mids and less midbass but bass impact remains the same.

Interestingly, this is how I typically describe the improvements I get using my UM56 custom tips with the W4 and W3.

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #33 of 207
This would be perfect...I love my W3 with Comply P, but always feel that it needs a tad more sparkle and brightness, will definitely buy too as soon as it is made available

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #34 of 207
I found them amongst my accessories in my new Eestone 4, but, to be honest, I don't think they are anything special. They are not particularly confortable, they are just a variation (in size) of the normal silicone tips. In my opinion the Comply foams are still the way to go 

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #35 of 207
Blasphemy! No one derails the hype train! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #40 of 207
I was hoping I'd receive the new tips with my UM2's (from Earphone Solutions) that came today.....but sadly no.
frown.gif
I'd noticed that they had been shown on the Westone online store as having the new style tips already installed.

On a side note, really loving the sound from them. Exactly what I was hoping for coming from the UM1, fuller sound in general. Now to try them out with those new fancy tips! Anyone have any small or mediums they'd be willing to part with? I've got plenty of a variety of different larger tips I would trade for.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #41 of 207
I didn't get the new tips with my recent(last week) W4 purchase from earphone solutions. 

Nov 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #42 of 207
I emailed Westone customer support about these tips and was told they would be officially available around the first of the year. And the estimated retail price will be $14.99 for a 10 pack (5 pair) and there will be 5 sizes available: small short, small long, medium short, medium long, and large.

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #45 of 207
Opened my W4Rs today that I ordered over Thanksgiving weekend and they came with the new tips!  I just called customer service to ask a few questions and she confirmed that they designed the tips, but partnered with someone else to make them.  As someone else mentioned, she said that they will be for sale early next year directly from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back