Will the Grado vs. Senn debate ever end?
Oct 30, 2004 at 9:05 PM Post #61 of 70
I'm glad I took the red pill.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Biggie.

Oct 30, 2004 at 9:26 PM Post #62 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
This debate is pointless as AKG kicks both their asses!

Obviously you never heard a Sensaphonic ProPhonic Soft 2X.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #63 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt
evil_smiley.gif

I desperately want to hear one of these phones...I'm just so nervous to take the plunge (since I live in Canada and duty, shipping and taxes adds a lot to the cost). I have read that they are introducing these phones with soft tips, but not molds. I would consider this and then return them for custom molds if I liked the sound, but otherwise...how am I to know the sound before buying? Even a Qualia can be heard prior to taking the plunge.

Oct 30, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #64 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt

Well, I'm not a huge fan of canalphones, distrust anything that you can't audition first and am unsure where I could get the molds done in Canada if I chose to... so its pretty much a no go on the Sensaphonics or UE's until I win the lottery.
tongue.gif

But that aside. It is impossible for an IEM to give you a soundstage like a cicumaural headphone AFAIK... and that is a big deal for me.

Oct 30, 2004 at 10:06 PM Post #66 of 70
i dont like the sens, how can anyone say the sens are uncolored?
rolleyes.gif

the grados are nice... but the PS-1's? What were they thinking? those headphones weigh like 5 pounds?

the BeyerDynamic DT880's are a great set of cans if you want to hear every minute detail without much coloration

but so far my absolute fav is my modded K1000's...
smily_headphones1.gif

used a Behringer DEQ2496 and the ECM8000 to make them nearly perfectly flat response (they sag a bit at 3150 Hz and peak a bit at 8KHz and 12.5 KHz)

so in conclusion

in order from best to... not so best

AKG
BeyerDynamic
Grado
Sony
Paper Cups + String
Sennheiser...

<puts on flame suit>

oh and that matrix pic = teh win

Oct 30, 2004 at 10:14 PM Post #67 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom
the grados are nice... but the PS-1's? What were they thinking? those headphones weigh like 5 pounds?

Yeah, and they're the most fun sounding headphones I've ever heard, and are actually quite comfortable with flat pads.

Oct 30, 2004 at 11:47 PM Post #68 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
Yeah, and they're the most fun sounding headphones I've ever heard, and are actually quite comfortable with flat pads.

not sure what pads they had... tried them on at a meet... felt like they were trying to crush my skull
basshead.gif

Oct 31, 2004 at 4:44 PM Post #69 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19lexicon78
i have a grado ms-1 and a baby O.

the ms-1 is fun, but the baby O combo with studer cdp; just blows my "fun" away.

so, i choose the sennss.

surprise;surprise

Oct 31, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #70 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjac
surprise;surprise

Hm.., never good to see it takes baby O to blow MS-1 away =) Nevertheless where would Grados be without Senn pads.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back