Will the Grado vs. Senn debate ever end?
Oct 29, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #31 of 70
and no bass!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 29, 2004 at 9:15 PM Post #32 of 70
One day the two families will join together to create the "Gradoheiser", the headphone that will end the debate once and for all. It will remove the fear from other families as well, allowing them to procreate. Ety and Shure will make sweet, sweet love, and give birth to a high-end, detailed portable that doesn't look like it came from a 1980's yard sale. Sony and Bose will do only god knows what, and create a phone aptly titled, "The King of Hype".

All will be will be well in the world; that is, until the "Gradoheiser" no longer becomes Flavor of the Month . . .
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #33 of 70
All this reminds me of the endless cable debates on AudioReview.com. Yes, just like swalker said, the debate goes back and forth, no one will back down, and almost predictably, no one learns a thing.

As a long-time Stax owner/listener, I used to feel above all such jabber, but I recently audioned a set of Bayer 880's, and they could move me emotionally in ways the Stax could never do.

Grado - my daughter's SR-60's were OK, just OK; the RS-1's just more of the
same

Senn - not enough experience to say...

Koss - have yet to find any that I liked, including the 'stats, which are just
too heavy and clunky

Sony - so much crap, how do you find a good 'phone?

Laz
rolleyes.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 1:31 AM Post #34 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
By the way, Grados smoke Senns
tongue.gif

evil.

evil, but true.
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #35 of 70
It's interesting how more pro-grado people seem to be speaking out than pro-Senns. Perhaps the people who like the polite, laid-back sound of the Senns are more polite and/or laid-back, and people who like the upfront, agressive sound of Grados are upfront and/or agressive?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #36 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
It's interesting how more pro-grado people seem to be speaking out than pro-Senns. Perhaps the people who like the polite, laid-back sound of the Senns are more polite and/or laid-back, and people who like the upfront, agressive sound of Grados are upfront and/or agressive?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sometimes more pro-grado people just means more pro-grado people.
wink.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #37 of 70
Quote:

Sometimes more pro-grado people just means more pro-grado people.

Uh huh, why don't you make a poll to prove your point.
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #38 of 70
listening to Black Dog now on the led zep DVD-A (from the DVD non-A Tushi lol) and it is KICKIN. and that's with the ultra-neutral hp1000 drivers from the SR200 too. i was worried that the MS-2 leaving would mean no more fun - but the bass is EVIL and page is all over the place, just wailin - g-g-g-g-golly! GRADOS RULE, SENNS DROOL!

Oct 30, 2004 at 3:07 AM Post #40 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
Grados are heavily coloured. They have no soundstage. They have highs which only deaf people will enjoy. They are too expensive and hence rip-offs. They are all terrbily uncomfortable.

Sennheiser rules
evil_smiley.gif

Senn's are heavily colored, veiled and have not better soundstage than Grado. The choice between Grado and Senn is easily resolved. Alessandro rules.

Oct 30, 2004 at 3:14 AM Post #41 of 70
Sorry I have the senns hd600 then bought the cardas cable to improve things. While it helped it was not even close to the sr225 and nowhere near the RS-1's.
For us Grado owners it's the extra juice we get that we love. Or maybe cos all senn owners are tonally deaf???????
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #42 of 70
I think you all are deaf, and the great evil that is the Lord Beyer will rule over you all, long live Darth Beyer, and the earthshaking bass he exudes.

Oct 30, 2004 at 3:18 AM Post #43 of 70
Or maybe it's because Grado owners love hearing all instruments from a cubic centimeter of space within your head? Or maybe they are somehow incapable of hearing how peaky the Grado midrange is?
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #44 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
Lousy Smarch weather!
tongue.gif

"Don't touch Willy -- good advice."

As to Grado v. Sennheiser, I'm one of the poor souls that likes both.

Oct 30, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #45 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
I think you all are deaf, and the great evil that is the Lord Beyer will rule over you all, long live Darth Beyer, and the earthshaking bass he exudes.

The Great Dolphin Conspiracy disagrees.
*chatters angrily*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back