Will the Grado vs. Senn debate ever end?
Oct 30, 2004 at 4:07 AM Post #46 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
The Great Dolphin Conspiracy disagrees.
*chatters angrily*

Your inconsequential chattering is drowned out by my Lord's bass attack.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #47 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
Your inconsequential chattering is drowned out by my Lord's bass attack.
smily_headphones1.gif

speaking of which i just watched "gunbuster 2" on my computer to the solo to the darth beyers = YIKES man awesome soundstage and the BBBAAAASSSS!
basshead.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #48 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
speaking of which i just watched "gunbuster 2" on my computer to the solo to the darth beyers = YIKES man awesome soundstage and the BBBAAAASSSS!
basshead.gif

I got the recabled beyers back, and discovered what all you guys mean about 'soundstage'. I was listening to Genesis 'I Can't Dance', and it sounds like I'm at the front of the stage with the band all around me. With the SR-80's its like I'm right up in the microphone circuitry of all the instruments all at once.

Oct 30, 2004 at 8:03 AM Post #50 of 70
To add fuel to the fire, I prefer tonal accuracy and therefore detail equalling a live performance at a moderate distance, and as a result like neutral to slightly laid back phones. The HD650s are the way to go. I think the ultimate solution is to use HD580/600/650 as your every day listening can, and then once in a while (every tenth song, album, or day) switch to a phone such as the RS-1 or DT880 for a more intimate, super detailed, albeit colored and unrealistic look into the music just to hear as many details as possible.

That way you get the best of both worlds but won't get addicted to a sound that's impossible to ever hear or achieve in a live performance.

Cheers,
Geek

Oct 30, 2004 at 8:26 AM Post #51 of 70
grdosen.jpg

Everything that has a beginning has an end.

I see the end coming.

I see the darkness spreading.

I see... "the GradoHeiser".

Candy?

Oct 30, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #52 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
One day the two families will join together to create the "Gradoheiser", the headphone that will end the debate once and for all.

All will be will be well in the world; that is, until the "Gradoheiser" no longer becomes Flavor of the Month . . .
wink.gif

I dunno man, I think I'd far rather have "the Senhado!"
icon10.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 8:58 AM Post #53 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
It's interesting how more pro-grado people seem to be speaking out than pro-Senns. Perhaps the people who like the polite, laid-back sound of the Senns are more polite and/or laid-back, and people who like the upfront, agressive sound of Grados are upfront and/or agressive?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh, it's much more simple than that. The Sennheiser-people are all firmly asleep
rs1smile.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 10:25 AM Post #54 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
Candy?[/i]

ROFLMAO.
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #56 of 70
two things i know fur shur:

since switching to SR-325/MAD HD from HD600/Home; i forgotten to look at or talk to my wife much. we're happier for it.
orphsmile.gif

soundstage is more psycho than acoustic. i've listened to binaural discs on various combinations of 6 phones and 4 sources, and not gotten the out of head sound. others have reported this non-experience. some folks brains do it, others don't. soundstage from regular recordings follows in a similar fashion.

Oct 30, 2004 at 7:05 PM Post #57 of 70
This debate is pointless as AKG kicks both their asses!
evil_smiley.gif

EDIT: Just read through the rest of the post... LOL, that is one funny pic archosman
icon10.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 7:12 PM Post #58 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
This debate is pointless as AKG kicks both their asses!
evil_smiley.gif

EDIT: Just read through the rest of the post... LOL, that is one funny pic archosman
icon10.gif

Agreed
smily_headphones1.gif

But if you had to choose one, I'd choose Sennheiser because they don't output screechingly-high notes for every octave level they play at!
600smile.gif

LOL!! Greatest.. pic... EVAR!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

What IS real? How do you define real? If real is laid back, farty bass, or screechy, loud, highs and mids, then REAL is just a sennheiser or a grado!

Oct 30, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #59 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by luukas
Oh, it's much more simple than that. The Sennheiser-people are all firmly asleep
rs1smile.gif

Yup ! Always the case when title-challenger gets loud to attract all attention while the world champion keeps cool.
cool.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #60 of 70
and now to thread-hijack...

There's a 10 disc ultimate set of all the Matrix movies coming out Dec. 7.

... and now back to your grado/senn thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back